What are some of your first music memories

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
My first music memory is kind of humiliating. I remember being in a talent show with friends dancing to Ace of Base's "I Saw The Sign." I was 4 years old at the time

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
My first music memory is kind of humiliating. I remember being in a talent show with friends dancing to Ace of Base's "I Saw The Sign." I was 4 years old at the time

:heheh:

Well, you were 4, so you have an excuse. If you did this when you were 20, well you might be deserving of a good old fashioned backhand.

(I'm kidding... well, maybe) :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Listening to Mom play her albums when we lived in France. Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Elvis, Johnny Mathis, Dean Martin, whenever I hear certain songs by those artists I am back in our PMQ listening in wonder to the magical box and Mom singing dancing humming along.

That is why I love music, Dad never cared at all about it.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
Listening to Mom play her albums when we lived in France. Frank Sinatra, Louis Armstrong, Duke Ellington, Elvis, Johnny Mathis, Dean Martin, whenever I hear certain songs by those artists I am back in our PMQ listening in wonder to the magical box and Mom singing dancing humming along.

That is why I love music, Dad never cared at all about it.

I love Duke Ellington. Here in D.C. we have the Duke Ellington School of Arts.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I remember having an old radio with cassette tapes. I barely remember which tapes they were, but I remember turning the radio on loud, and going on the swing set and swinging until the music stopped.

Lynch

Reaction score
About the oldest music memory that I can remember was when I was about 3 yrs old (probably just about 4) riding in the car with my parents one summer going to my aunt and uncle's apartment to go swimming .... hearing songs like Green Eyed Lady (Sugarloaf) and Come Together (Beatles) playing on the radio. I think that's about as far back as I can remember.

Not sure if that's what you are looking for or not.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
:heheh:

Well, you were 4, so you have an excuse. If you did this when you were 20, well you might be deserving of a good old fashioned backhand.

(I'm kidding... well, maybe) :D

Yeah my mom had me dressed in bright neon colors, had me looking like something from a Living Colour video. Although it did spawn my love for the stage. Shortly after that I sang "Isn't She Lovely" for a kindegarten recital. I say I redeemed myself some with that.

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score
I remember having an old radio with cassette tapes. I barely remember which tapes they were, but I remember turning the radio on loud, and going on the swing set and swinging until the music stopped.

Dude now I want to go in the backyard and get on my kids swingset and rockout to some Minor Threat or something.

Lynch

Reaction score

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Dude now I want to go in the backyard and get on my kids swingset and rockout to some Minor Threat or something.

It was great. We would sometimes intentionally do it later in the day so we could swing while watching the sunset until the music ended.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online