Weezer (Official Thread)

Fisha

Reaction score
Return to form

Despite having the worst abum art of perhaps anything ever released everything I've heard from the new weezer album indicated not only a return to form but a new style. I for one am very happy (though the lyrics are still rubbish)

On behalf of all Weezer fans HOORAY!!!!!!!!

OptimisticFutureBlues

Pschonautic Outlaw
Reaction score
Re: Return to form

Weezer is a great group. Love their geeky style every once in awhile. I didn't take them seriously until I heard 'Dope Nose' at work a few years ago. Been keeping an ear on their music since then, their newer stuff is okay. I don't know if I would call this a return to form, but a new style yes. Tis just a humble opinion though.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: "The Official" Weezer Thread

I only gave the album a cursory listen prior to your post Fisha but I REALLY like all three of those songs Fisha! I may have to buy my first new Weezer album since Make Believe (unless you count River's solo album)! :grinthumb

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Rivers Cuomo and Weezer

I actually went quite a while shutting them down without actually giving any of their stuff a listen to. And once I did, I was pretty glad. At first to some, they may come off as just a bunch of nerdy guys who write fast paced power chord alternative pop crap. But after buying The Red Album, I listened to it twice over, and ended up liking it a whole lot.

Favorites:

Troublemaker (The Song That Got Me Hooked)

Buddy Holly (Classic Older Weezer Song)

Say It Ain't So (Another Fun Song I Love)

Beverly Hills (First Ever Weezer Song I Heard)

=w=

:D

Last edited:

Syd

Reaction score

2 months ago I only liked like 3-4 Weezer songs. And when I heard Pinkerton for the first time i was like "What is this crap? Why does everybody say it's so awesome?" ... But then I kinda liked it. Now I don't really know wether to move onto other albums because I'm afraid I would hate them jajaja. But i don't know ... I guess I'll start hearing them one by one.

I really like the song The Good Life in Pinkerton.

Then i love Perfect Situation. There's something about that song that I love. Maybe it's the fact that Elisha Cuthbert was in the video (I think) and she's smoking hot. Or maybe I kinda feel the lyrics apply 100% to my current situation (specially when he says "Take Your Hands Off The Girl, Can't You See That She Belongs To Me". That's Brilliant). So yeah. I'll tell you what i think of the other albums when I hear them. I bet they're awesome.

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
Re: Rivers Cuomo and Weezer

I actually went quite a while shutting them down without actually giving any of their stuff a listen to. And once I did, I was pretty glad. At first to some, they may come off as just a bunch of nerdy guys who write fast paced power chord alternative pop crap. But after buying The Red Album, I listened to it twice over, and ended up liking it a whole lot.

Favorites:

Troublemaker (The Song That Got Me Hooked)

Buddy Holly (Classic Older Weezer Song)

Say It Ain't So (Another Fun Song I Love)

Beverly Hills (First Ever Weezer Song I Heard)

=w=

:D

That's awesome dude! We all come into artists at different periods! I don't even own the Red Album but if it's the album that got you into them that's awesome. I don't really care for "Pinkerton" which a whole faction of fans love. I'm into the debut, Make Believe and Hurley so a band that can get seperate fans of each album is pretty damn cool too me. :cheers2

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

2 months ago I only liked like 3-4 Weezer songs. And when I heard Pinkerton for the first time i was like "What is this crap? Why does everybody say it's so awesome?" ... But then I kinda liked it. Now I don't really know wether to move onto other albums because I'm afraid I would hate them jajaja. But i don't know ... I guess I'll start hearing them one by one.

Then i love Perfect Situation. There's something about that song that I love. Maybe it's the fact that Elisha Cuthbert was in the video (I think) and she's smoking hot. Or maybe I kinda feel the lyrics apply 100% to my current situation (specially when he says "Take Your Hands Off The Girl, Can't You See That She Belongs To Me". That's Brilliant). So yeah. I'll tell you what i think of the other albums when I hear them. I bet they're awesome.

I've yet to get into "Pinkerton" but to be fair I need to hear it more. I'm looking forward to your views on the other albums though. I'm going to as many bands as I can and essentially starting dry and it's fun to see what first impressions are. It'll make for a great read! :cheers2

Fisha

Reaction score

The trick to liking weezer is becoming so attached to the brilliant songs that you can overlook the rubbish. I'll just post the few songs which you're almost guaranteed to love

There's a ton of really good ones and there's a ton of shit. Mediocrity isn't something weezer does :p

JimmyByrne09

Reaction score
Re: Rivers Cuomo and Weezer

That's awesome dude! We all come into artists at different periods! I don't even own the Red Album but if it's the album that got you into them that's awesome. I don't really care for "Pinkerton" which a whole faction of fans love. I'm into the debut, Make Believe and Hurley so a band that can get seperate fans of each album is pretty damn cool too me. :cheers2

Yeah, I've never actually heard Pinkerton....but perhaps I should from what everyone keeps saying about it.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoustonBoy

Staff online

Members online