Weezer (Official Thread)

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
wee.gif
WEEZER
weezer1.jpg

This was a fun band that started in the 90's. While I had nothing against Grunge these guys were a cool change from the scene at the time because they were a band that was the complete opposite in terms of not taking themselves seriously and trying to make music solely to entertain. Everything from their sweater wearing geek image to their campy videos to their looney WTF lyrics and delivery of said lyrics could elicit a chuckles. I like the band overall but my favorites, being the ones I own, are:

Weezer (The Debut)
Weezer-WeezerBlue.jpg

and

Weezer-Make Believe
weezermakebelieve.jpg

I neveer got into the more serious Weezer like Pinkerton that was said to be the catalyst for the future of Emo. I'm fine with sad, depressive music but not from Weezer. I'm sorry Weezer but I've got you typecast and I want goofiness from you. Thank you for returning to that full force with Make Believe.

My favorite Weezer tracks are:

Buddy Holly
(This is a given but it deserves to be, plus it may be the coolest video ever)

Say It Ain't So
(This is the only Weezer song I like but it's great and ironically my fav Weezer song)

Hash Pipe
(heavy Weezer, may be my fav song about a hash pipe ever)

Beverly Hills
(Weezer returns to pop and makes one of the coolest pop songs of the 2,000's)

We Are All On Drugs

Any other fans of Weezer? :grinthumb

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score
Re: Weezer

Count Me as a HUGE fan...I agree with Sooty about the comic relief of WEEZER as opposed to their gloom and doom counterparts of grunge.

I like grunge but WEEZER offered some silly fun amongst the serious nature of the 90's

Rivers Cuomo is a super intelligent person and holds a degree from Harvard and is such a break in usual dumbass rockstar image !
You can be smart and rock :D

One of my FAVORITE all time is Buddy Holly ...brilliant video

and THIS one (can you fix it mods/can't get the youtube thing work yet :( ) {NEED A CRASH COURSE IN POSTING LOL}

Troublemaker

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

There you go astrid! Just copy everything after the equal sign between the youtube tags ! :grinthumb

Astrid, I don't know if you know this but River Cuomo took a break from the band to go back to college. He was like a regular student there and blended in from the sounds. I always thought that was pretty cool! :grinthumb

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score

I love Weezer. They have the kind of songs that you can just put on at any party and people will love them without them actually being party songs.

Here are two faves of mine from Weezer that haven't been posted so far...

("Pork and Beans" has the absolutely nerdiest video ever and I really expect nothing less from Weezer. :heheh:)

Also I think "Pinkerton" is hands down one of the best albums of the mid to late 90's.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score

Count me in as a WEEZER fan!! My favorite?? THE GREEN ALBUM!!

41QMJM0633L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

:nana: :dance:

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score

I love Weezer. They have the kind of songs that you can just put on at any party and people will love them without them actually being party songs.

Here are two faves of mine from Weezer that haven't been posted so far...

("Pork and Beans" has the absolutely nerdiest video ever and I really expect nothing less from Weezer. :heheh:)

Also I think "Pinkerton" is hands down one of the best albums of the mid to late 90's.

Could you recommend a Pinkerton song Cosmic? :D

gregjohnson1229

Reaction score

Weezer is a very good band. I like the self titled album aka the blue album and my favorite song is say it aint so.

Astrid Kirchherr65

Classic 60's Chick
Reaction score

There you go astrid! Just copy everything after the equal sign between the youtube tags ! :grinthumb

Astrid, I don't know if you know this but River Cuomo took a break from the band to go back to college. He was like a regular student there and blended in from the sounds. I always thought that was pretty cool! :grinthumb

Thanks Sooty...I got it now !! :D

Yes Rivers is a Harvard Grad Phi Beta Kappa

He is a uber-Nerd and I just love his sense of humor.
It's not about getting drunk and scoring chicks for him...it's music .

Rivers' dad, Frank Cuomo, was a noted Jazz drummer for Sax genius Wayne Shorter and is featured on the album 'ODSSEY OF ISKA'

Rivers' influences are varied and reading the list, I see why I love his music so much...because I like his tastes and his diverse range music genre, are like mine: Kiss,Nirvana,The Pixies,Sonic Youth,Stevie Ray Vaughn,and Brian Wilson !:grinthumb

Heres' another like :

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Members online