Warbringer

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm not here to join in on the debate but to comment on the music I just heard.

Holy smokes! This stuff jacks me up. From what I hear it's obvious that Slayer is the biggest influence and Exodus and Death Angel to a lesser extent.

Bring it on!

Kreator, Razor ( Canada ), and Demolition Hammer are the biggest influences along with early Slayer according to my many talks with the lead guitarist, John. Demolition Hammer is definitely where the biggest influence on the vocal delivery hail from.

But they have so many different influences ..even sighting Heavy Metal bands like Manilla Road. They are and were even as youngsters very knowledgeable about the entire old school metal scene not just thrash metal. They are already mixing many different style of metal into their music even if the untrained ear ( or non-thrash fans ) can not hear it.
One of the reasons that they are one the best thrash bands in world right now,IMO.

Last edited:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Never thought you were haha.

Yea we do not know what will happen.

If they made it work great, but idk haha.

Let us hope that Warbringer does not join the long list of sell out bands that conformed in order to get approval from the mainstream music fans and of course for that big attempt at raking in on the Britney Spears/ Aersomisth type of money.

Obviously, no one joins a band like this to become a conformist or for the money.
The only thing any of the REAL metal bands shoot for is to be able to pay for their ability to make music and tour. If they do better ..it's all just gravy.

Metallica ( conformists, sell outs ) now have almost no creditability and respect in the scene that they Overkill, Exodus, Dave Mustaine etc. etc. etc. helped to define.

Something, I am sure that they secretly long for ( as would be indicted by their last release )

Myself personally I am never interested in what someone who doesn't practically like a style of music has to say about it .

It would be like me rating the Partridge Families albums or glam rock. Some people here seem to like that stuff but if I go into the threads saying I don't like the sappy vocals etc what do I really hope to accomplish ?

Nothing personal LG, but I have to say you just don't GET thrash metal and therefor thrash bands and fans are not really going to relate to anything you say about it.

Last edited:

joe

Reaction score
Kreator, Razor ( Canada ), and Demolition Hammer are the biggest influences along with early Slayer according to my many talks with the lead guitarist, John. Demolition Hammer is definitely where the biggest influence on the vocal delivery hail from.

But they have so many different influences ..even sighting Heavy Metal bands like Manilla Road. They are and were even as youngsters very knowledgeable about the entire old school metal scene not just thrash metal. They are already mixing many different style of metal into their music even if the untrained ear ( or non-thrash fans ) can not hear it.
One of the reasons that they are one the best thrash bands in world right now,IMO.

Thanx for the brief overview on the band Wolf. Oh ya, I have an untrained ear for thrash metal. I did get into somewhat back into the late 80's and for some reason(s) wandered away from it.

I'll be asking for your help and others on thrash metal in a new thread. Actually, today I pulled out my thrash collection, all be it on vinyl. Some good stuff in there.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Awesome ,glad to have you on board ! :cheers2

I'd say that I am more knowledgeable of thrash then just about any other genre
other then maybe Trad. /True Metal / US Power Metal.

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
I happened to see WARBRINGER fairly recently supporting ONSLAUGHT and Thrash gods TESTAMENT.....My ears are still bleeding....they put up a good show and went down well

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Nothing personal LG, but I have to say you just don't GET thrash metal and therefor thrash bands and fans are not really going to relate to anything you say about it.

I get the "Thrash" vibe DKW, I just am not a big fan of the genre, and if the "Thrash Fans" you mention won't take me seriously that is fine, I can't take anyone seriously myself who thinks a Mosh pit or the Wall of Death is a fun concert experience either...:D I was always much more interested in the concert/music/girls than injuring someone or getting hurt.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Sure...I'm still not seeing the difference.

If I put it up front that I don't like glam rock( which is like Disney kiddie music in drag to me ) every time I enter a glam thread and then go on about how sickeningly sappy the vocals and harmonies are and how it all reminds me of The Archies ( aside from Bowie ) ... in every glam rock band thread that opens I pretty sure I would be branded a troll.

Anyone thinking Thrash needs mellow vocals does not GET it IMO .

Personally, I don't care if people don't like it. Other peoples opinions are meaningless to me in that regard.
I do what I do I like what I like....not affected by anyone's opinions ..

However I choose to show other peoples interests some respect. When I don't like something lame (IMO) like glam rock I just keep it to myself ...I'm not going to go out my way to tell everyone. It's not that important to me that every knows about it .

BTW, I don't have to look for girls it just comes natural no matter what I'm doing :D

Last edited:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online