What Are Your Top 5 Thrash Bands (Excluding the Big Four)?

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It would be too easy to include the Big Four so I am excluding them from this. Name who your personal top 5 thrash metal bands are.

1. Testament - Consistent discography. Even their 90s albums I have fond appreciation of like Demonic which had Death Metal tones to it, from their classic 80s albums to their excellent post 2000s output this band ranks high for me. Dark Roots of Earth and The New Order are my two favourite albums.

2. Havok - For me the best band to come from the revitalisation period of the 2000s. Clear influence from the 80s era thrash these guys have put out 4 solid albums.

3. Toxic Holocaust - A more sinister sounding thrash band that even has tinges of Black Metal in the sound. Great discography that thrash fans could easily get into. My favourite album has to be Conjure and Command.

4. Hellbringer - A thrash band from my local area of Canberra, Australia who bring a great sinister thrash sound and have two excellent albums to boot. Underrated band from Australia.

5. Overkill - Another band that has a discography that has nothing that was sub-par to me. Even now these guys still kick arse with searing riffs, Bobby's vocals are still excellent.

Honourable mentions - Kreator, Municipal Waste, Heathen, Onslaught, Skeletonwitch, Warbringer, Evile, Harlott, Exodus.

Last edited:

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Kreator
Testament
Death Angel
Overkill
Sepultura ( pre - Roots )

Vader

Veteran Of A Thousand Psychic Wars
Reaction score
Gonna do an honorable mentions list:

Possessed
Sodom
Destruction
Coroner
Sadus
Atrophy
Artillery
Holy Moses.

New era.

Vektor
Warbringer
Skeletonwitch

Not sure how to Classify Celtic Frost so they didn't make my first list.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepowerdry1

Members online