ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Warbringer

53989_photo.jpg

Origin Ventura, California
Genres Thrash metal
Years Active 2004-present
Website Warbringer on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Lyrical Themes War, Violence, Death

Warbringer is a band that formed in 2004 as 'Onslaught' but changed their name after learning that a UK thrash metal band was already using the name.

Members
John Laux
John Kevill
Andy Laux
Adam Carroll
Nic Ritter

warbringer_warwithoutend-1.png

Former members
Emilio Hoschet
Ryan Bates
Ben Bennett

Studio albums
War_without_end.jpg
2008: War Without End
220px-Warbringer_-_Waking_into_Nightmares.jpg
2009: Waking into Nightmares

Videos/Music

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Awesome post. I know these guys I actually got their demo and the first EP straight from John Laux who had them in the trunk of his car. They were just starting to get a bit of a reputation outside of Hollywood at that time. It was almost shocking to see how fast they grew in the worldwide underground at that point.

Last edited:

ComfortablyNumb

Unquestionable Presence
Reaction score
Awesome post. I know these guys I actually got their demo and the first CD straight from John Laux who had them in the trunk of his car. They were just starting to get a bit of a reputation outside of Hollywood at that time. It was almost shocking to see how fast they grew in the worldwide underground at that point.

That is bad ass man. I saw them live last year. It was an intense show. They are one of the best metal bands today IMO.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I agree as far as thrash goes I think they are by far one the of best in the world a side from some of the old school stuff.

John used to just walk up and start talking to me all the time before I even know who they were .When I got the EP from him I could hardly believe how good it was as they were just some of the little local High Schoolers at the time.

I was literally shocked by it TBH

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I posted War Without End in the what are you listening to thread a couple of weeks ago. Love the artwork on that album.:D

I am not a huge thrash fan, and my only wish is the vocalist Sang more and screamed less, the music is really good but I have to engage the 2-3 beer protocol to listen to this album plus be in an aggressive state of mind. :tup:

b.o.b.

Reaction score
Warbringer is a band that formed in 2004 as 'Onslaught' but changed their name after learning that a UK thrash metal band was already using the name.

I didn't know this fact about the name. At first sight not knowing about Onslaught (a cult thrash metal band) could be a little shameful for them. But they can be excused because Warbringer is one of the best bands from this new wave of thrash metal genre. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have laid down and gone to sleep to them more then a few times lol

And wakes up to Black Sabbath or something similarly mellow in the mornings no doubt...:heheh:

Warbringer is at my threshold for Vocals, this band would go a lot further if he just pulled back a bit and only "Roared" when necessary. Maybe a visit with Mikael Akerfeldt would do him good.

Still I do have the debut album and am considering picking up their other one...:think:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
And wakes up to Black Sabbath or something similarly mellow in the mornings no doubt...:heheh:

Warbringer is at my threshold for Vocals, this band would go a lot further if he just pulled back a bit and only "Roared" when necessary. Maybe a visit with Mikael Akerfeldt would do him good.

Still I do have the debut album and am considering picking up their other one...:think:

Yeah, listening to metal in the morning is not a problem for me in the slightest,LG.

I have talked to John on numerous occasions and they are not interested in toning done their sound for the sake of "going further" .They, like most thrash bands, Death Metal Bands etc. are not really that interested in being popular with anybody but the hardcore metal fans and doing what they like to do not what might please the masses.

To me they are a HUGE band. When I first met them they were just HS kids playing the Whiskey in Hollywood, two years later they were a major force to be reckoned with worldwide.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I didn't know this fact about the name. At first sight not knowing about Onslaught (a cult thrash metal band) could be a little shameful for them. But they can be excused because Warbringer is one of the best bands from this new wave of thrash metal genre. :grinthumb

They were VERY young at that time ,Bob.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online