Warbringer

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I understand DKW, but it is kind of a shame. The music on the debut is great, the singing is the weakest part of the band, granted I have admitted to not being a huge thrash metal fan but I would love to see them try and make a heavy metal album just for the hell of it.

I would buy it. :grinthumb

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Opinions are opinions nothing more. Music is very subjective. Subject to the interpretation of the listener so what is not good to you is great to others.

I personally can't stand Opeth's singer. To each their own :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Opeth is the only Death metal band I like...figures you wouldn't like Akerfeldt.:D

And I realize they are hard to categorize, seeing they have numerous styles in their music.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
Other then Blackwater Park I find Opeth snooze worthy. And yeah, I see nothing to get excited about in Akerfeldt's hum drum performances.

Boring with a capital B to me. However, I realize some people love them ( though I know many who do not and feel the same as me ) so I won't try to say these are facts only my opinions.

Once again, subjective.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
^ not a huge fan of Opeth either. Some bands I think clean vocals fit great. Warbringer I can't see being one of them.

The vocals fit the agression of the music.

Well I have heard some bands that are progressive death metal bands that
go back and forth from death growls and clean vocals that I think are well very executed and really interesting. Akerfeldt's vocals are much better in his other band Bloodbath.

However his clean vocals are very bland and boring IMO. Definitely nothing I can get behind. And yeah Warbringer wouldn't sound right with that type of thing at all. For one thing they don't have the mellow passages that Opeth do in their music.

Maybe a bit more of a trad. thrash vocal would work but definitely not clean vocals and none as boring and bland as Opeth's if they were to add mellow passages :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I disagree, there is no point in a vocalist Shouting so loud that the words get lost, can you tell me what he is saying in every song? I can't tell half the time, that is why I think he should pull back a little, and if you are aggressive all the time, then it becomes boring to me, just like you both think Opeth is to you. I like Akerfeldt he can do everything and he likes variety in his music which has done nothing but help Opeth, besides all that he Tours here regularly and always gets a lot of support which is another reason I like him.:D

Just saying you can be aggressive and still make your vocals understandable, but when it is 100% screaming/distorted all the time then you lose me anyway I like to understand what a song is saying without reading a lyric sheet.

b.o.b.

Reaction score
Even it is kind of funny talking about Opeth on a Warbringer topic I must say that I like Opeth a lot with Akerfeldt's vocals (clean or growls) :grinthumb. And I also like the average “cookie monster” vocals on thrash/death/black albums. I don’t like either the exaggerate pig squeals voices or very low grunting on some grindcore or black metal bands but I do enjoy screaming and growling coming from Chuck Schuldiner, Mille Petrozza, David Vincent, John Tardy an so on.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online