Vodun

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
A self-described afro-futuristic tribe who conceive of themselves as three central forces rather than individuals, VŌDŪN are Oya (vocals), Ogoun (drums) and Marassa (guitar), and they make a glorious, raucous heavy noise that draws its power from the ideas practised in the West African spiritual religion of Vodun, from where it became known as Voodoo as it grew beyond the African diaspora

In its thundering tribal drums, colossal fuzzed-up bass and planet-sized riffs, Posession touches on feminist themes, the Catholic Church’s crusade against Haitian spiritual practices, the Franco-Dahomean war of 1890 and the quest for total, metaphysical transcendence. The fact that it does so against a backdrop of trailblazing, highly original, fierce and enlightened rock n’ roll simply makes it all the more special.

Source: https://skinbackalley.com

In short, an amalgamation of Afro, Heavy Metal and Psych with a Soul singer.

Their first full length "Possession" is one of the most unique albums I've heard in years. The vocals are outstanding, the riffs should please any Iommi fan and the drumming is absolutely insane!

Discography:

Eat Up the Sun EP (2013)
Possession (2016)

51ug0vRm2dL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

Official website: VODUN
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VODUNBAND

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Good stuff...I like the soulful vocals to the heavy stoner riffs ! I must hear more from the band. Vocalist Oya has a great set of vocal chords...:)
Thanks for the introduction ! :grinthumb

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
We finally got to see this band,at "HardRock Hell" Festival in Wales. I thought they were good...but a little strange

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ByronPasch

Members online

No members online now.