Paisley Underground Anyone?

MCFCTrick

Reaction score
As the title asks, any fans of this movement from the 80's? Initially it was L.A. bands like The Three O'clock, Rain Parade, Dream Syndicate, Bangles, Green On Red etc, but then spread to include such as The Long Ryders, Let's Active, REM, True West and the Aussie contingent of The Church and Hoodoo Gurus.

It was enrgetic, with lots of jangling Rickenbackers and harmony vocals. I fell for it hook line and sinker at the time, and still love it today.

MCFCTrick

Reaction score
I was on a head melting mission around these times.... and Madchester and Sheffield seemed to merge... Then Athens Georgia became a great band place.
This!
Pylon.

Preceded Madchester by a good few years. I heard and saw the PU in The Stone Roses the minute I heard their first album. Which came as a suprise as when I first saw the Roses, they were almost Goth to hear. Mainly down to their very Goth then bassist Pete Garner (R.I.P.) who I knew from his working in a city centre record store, Paperchase (not the chain) and he was always telling everybody about his new band.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
To be honest I never took notice of these factions of song or band, I went to soul clubs or rock gigs dressed as I pleased... If a new band came along (it was a case of I" like /I don't like") it's an old A&R trick to brand music.... this sh.it is from the soul.... and can only be marketed as art from the heart!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online