Visage (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
th?id=H.5047802846644933&pid=15.jpg

Visage were a new wave rock band that were formed in 1978 and split in 1985. They released only 3 studio albums and a best of. Steve Strange and Rusty Egan formed the band and other members included Midge Ure and Billy Currie.

The band reformed in 2004 and have made various appearances but no new material has surfaced, only a best of in 2010 remastered.

Steve Strange & Visage Mk II | Free Music, Tour Dates, Photos, Videos

Studio Albums:

Visage
The Anvil
Beat Boy

Check out these great tracks:

Night Train

Fade To Grey 12"

Tar

In The Year 2525

[/CENTER]

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
VISAGE . I have the first 2 albums, havent played them in ages Sweaty, along with ULTRAVOX. HUMAN LEAGUE, GARY NUMAN etc were the best of the synth/pop acts of the 80s. " Fade to Grey" is an ultimate classic !! The video at the time was groundbreaking.....still artistically brilliant after all these years.
" The Anvil" was a superb album at the time...:grinthumb.going to give it a spin see if it sounds dated or still delivers
Also good to see Steve Strange back on the music scene....

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Great 80s electro/funk on these forgotten classic VISAGE tracks taken from the second album :grinthumb

Wild life/ the horseman

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I could not relate to the night club and 'new romantic' fashion aspect of Visage, but good musicians like Midge Ure were involved, and their version of Night Train really hit the mark. It had a snappy production and was released around the same time as similarly produced songs like Steve Miller's Abacadabra and The Jacksons' State of Shock.

Last edited:

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
......Shock, horror !!! after years of talk of a "new" album....its here. Released July 2013 VISAGEs long awaited 4th album "Hearts and Knives"
Okay, it doesn't actually go for the jugular, but sounds a better release than the disapointing ULTRAVOX comeback album.
Steve Barnacle returns on bass...but the big surprise is the addition of former Ultravox guitarist Robin Simon ! Steve Strange is also joined by vocalist Lauren Duvall.
Soundwise Strange does well in recreating an 80s retro sound, using vintage synths and occasional drum machines

Shes electric

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Very sad to hear of the death of Steve Strange....him and Boy George basically started the new romantic movement . :rip:
I fear this is the end of VISAGE

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
VISAGE ended up releasing 6 albums in all. The last release in 2015 "Demons to Diamonds" 9 months after the death of frontman Steve Strange. R.I.P

Your skin is my sin

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WaldoFrey

Members online

No members online now.