Van Halen's New Record 'Step Aside'

bang 2 rites

Reaction score
Here's the Tracklist for the new VH album due out this September.

Van Halen – Step Aside
1 Close Encounter
2 January
3 Stop Talking/Just Drive
4 Two Zero One One
5 Get Me Roy Scheider
6 Angel Eyes
7 Hurricanes
8 Next
9 Who’s Looking Back Now?
10 Woman Kind
11 Sex and Travel
12 Down This Road

Had a rough time at some of the official VH boards so I figured I would try posting here and see if it's a more civilized forum.

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Oh Ya???? Are you sure about this?? I mean some of on here have been hearing about this and have become skeptical if it really will appear!! Is Dave on vocals???

ANF

Reaction score
I've been to that Van Halen board in the past and its funny to see just how much hatred they have for Sammy... you'd think the guy was the antichrist. Now I prefer Diamond Dave to the Red Rocker anytime and IMO the 1978-1984 VH is the "true" one in my eyes, but they did plenty of good songs with Sammy too. Sammy has always come off as a down to earth and likable guy in interviews so its funny to see the hatred for him because he happened to replace DLR. That drama was between Dave and Eddie, Sammy was just recruited to keep the band going, and he kept them popular through the 1990's.

Either way, cannot wait for the new album.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have edited this thread, while I am willing to give a new arrival a fresh start I also respect other music boards, so I have removed the posts criticizing the other forums, that is not part of what we are about.

If Bang 2 Rites wants to post here like a regular member that's fine he can write a proper intro thread and go from there, using our forum as a place to air his grievances...well that's not going to do us or him any good.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Well...a track listing is nice but the rough release date is more what I care about. I still refuse to believe it's coming out until it actually gets here though. I don't want to get my hopes up. ;)

bang 2 rites

Reaction score
Oh Ya???? Are you sure about this?? I mean some of on here have been hearing about this and have become skeptical if it really will appear!! Is Dave on vocals???

Dave is on vocals.

At first, I thought what I had was a bunch of demo titles from when they first tried to get back with Dave in 1996 and 2000. But I'm told that this is the track listing of their new record. The name of the record has changed continually which added to the initial confusion. From starting out with considered titles such as Mammoth, and Bold, they more recently moved on to Two Zero One One, and then Step Aside was the last title I have heard.

To answer your question on whether it will actually appear? Even at this stage I guess it could all fall apart and get canned. It wouldn't be the first time they have done it.

With Gary Cherone they had recorded a follow up to Van Halen III, but upon hearing the new material, the response from the record company was so poor, they canned it and Gary.

bang 2 rites

Reaction score
I have edited this thread, while I am willing to give a new arrival a fresh start I also respect other music boards, so I have removed the posts criticizing the other forums, that is not part of what we are about.

If Bang 2 Rites wants to post here like a regular member that's fine he can write a proper intro thread and go from there, using our forum as a place to air his grievances...well that's not going to do us or him any good.

That’s fine with me. And it's kind of refreshing to have someone look out for you, rather than start a post war or a thread war.

I've been to that Van Halen board in the past and it’s funny to see just how much hatred they have for Sammy... you'd think the guy was the antichrist.

Yeah, it's an unbelievably hostile and aggressive environment. Even if you stick to facts rather than opinion, if you don't conform to their way of thinking you get 'ambushed' and your posts get abused.

But that’s history. Time to move on...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online