Van Halen switches record label after 35 years

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
blabbermouth.net

Report: VAN HALEN Switches Record Labels After 35 Years - Sep. 17, 2011
According to industry web site Hits Daily Double, VAN HALEN recently inked a deal with new label Columbia after spending its entire 35-year career at Warner Bros. The band's already completed new studio album — its first in 27 years to feature original singer David Lee Roth — is now expected to arrive early next year.

There has virtually no info from the VAN HALEN camp about album or tour plans. Rumors have also suggested that the band pulled out of an Australian festival tour, which was scheduled to kick off later this month.

ALTER BRIDGE guitarist Mark Tremonti recently said in an interview that he had gotten an opportunity to hear new VAN HALEN music through his friendship with Wolfgang Van Halen, saying it sounded like "vintage VAN HALEN."

Producer Ross Hogarth spoke with Ultimate-Guitar.com about the work he did on the project, saying, "The whole VAN HALEN record has been recorded and we're all excited. I'm really stoked about it, as it is the original band, Eddie and Alex with Wolf [Eddie's son] playing bass, and David Lee Roth singing, it's the killing side of VAN HALEN at the top of their game again with Diamond Dave, and the band on fire."

VAN HALEN reunited with Roth in 2007 for a successful year-long reunion tour — minus original bassist Michael Anthony, who now plays with ex-VAN HALEN singer Sammy Hagar in CHICKENFOOT.

new-vh-album-after-all.jpg

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
This seems really really odd. Supposedly the album was "ready" to be released this fall. Then some infighting pushed it back (supposedly), now it's next year (which is about what I expected) yet with a different label!?

Why in the world do you think Warner Bros would have let them off the hook? Surely they had to have had some sort of input into the recording, producing or engineering that's gone on so far... did they really hate what they were hearing enough to say "ok, you can go"?

:confused:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
Chit Chat Chit Chat!! It's getting really strange to read these news feeds..:wtf:
It's like watching a dog with three legs trying to go to the bathroom..

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
If they were still contracted with Warner when they recorded the new album this doesn't seem right to me at all.:dunno:

I think I will ignore all the rumors and just wait till the CD is out and listen to it...hopefully before Chinese Democracy II is released.

:heheh:

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If they were still contracted with Warner when they recorded the new album this doesn't seem right to me at all.:dunno:

I think I will ignore all the rumors and just wait till the CD is out and listen to it...hopefully before Chinese Democracy II is released.

:heheh:

That would be my major concern lol I do not wanna see another such album.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I think Eddie should do a Buckethead...and just record some beats and tour on his own...of course there still might be some drama in his dressing room before the show.:D

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Murphy_orrest

Members online