Van Halen (Official Thread)

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Could This Be Magic?
Haven't heard a better blues driven song from them then this one...so far. Love this song. :D

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
I like the new disc Riff...it's no Take Your Whiskey Home, but it doesn't suck. Actually I really enjoy it. :grinthumb

Played it again last night, I expected to hate it based on the single (always a mistake) but I've been through the new album 3 or 4 times now, in the car mostly where I can really crank the thing up, and it's just a triumphant return to form, imo every album they made during the Hagar years deserved to have just gone straight into the $1.99 bargain tub at your local Walmart, but apart from 'Tattoo' for me this new record totally smokes.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
I like Tattoo better now....works good as an opener that leads the listener into a rockin' good time. But then again, I'm bad at one song at a time. I'm an album guy front to back.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Gets better with every play the new one for me...

My mate text me today saying he thinks VH's new album is gonna go in at number 7 in the UK. One of their best entries over here if my memory is correct.

The more it sells, they more likely they are to tour over here. Might buy a few more just to increase the chances...

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What other older albums with Roth are also worth getting? I have VH 1,2, 1984 and Women and Children First.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
You're only missing Fair Warning and Diver Down.

Fair Warning - Mean Streets, Unchained, Hear About It Later, So This is Love. Some of my favourite VH tracks on there but let down by some weird keyboard shit songs IMO. The darkest VH album. It used to be my favourite for a while, it's been over taken by the 3 albums that came before it.

Diver Down - Pretty Woman, The Full Bug, Little Guitars, Where Have All The Good Times Gone. Good album, the weakest with Dave IMO, fair few covers on there, but worth it for Little Guitars and The Full bug alone.

Wouldn't expect you to have to pay more than a few dollars each for them new. Regularly £5 each in the UK, cheaper online.

Complete the 6 pack!

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Cheers for the suggestions. I got some ordering in to do then since I can't find those albums in shops. lol

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
I read somewhere that some Australian promoters are trying to get the band to go to Australia after what happened with the Sound Wave Festival [I think?] back in September.

They've never played Australia with Dave :mad

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online