Van Halen (Official Thread)

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Seeing the vids of TATTOO and hearing samples from two other songs, BLOOD AND FIRE and STAY FROSTY; I hesitantly threw in the white flag and accepted that my favorite band's BEST days are behind them. Ok… it's not fair to judge STAY FROSTY as they killed the sample once they were about to rock, but the prelude does sound like part 2 of ICE CREAM MAN. BLOOD AND FIRE sounds like it could have been a "B" side of DLR's SKYSCRAPER album. That's just my 2 pennies and my humble opinion. Here's hoping they put the good stuff out last and these 3 songs we're hearing are just the teasers. :)

Out of the three, I think I like Tattoo the best. Stay Frosty I don't really like much and the title is pretty bad.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This one's actually pretty good, despite Roth sounding a tad flat. Much better than Tattoo!
[/YT]

Guitar work is awesome, vocals are alright, not awesome though...in my opinion. Better song then Tattoo though as others stated.

Balance

Reaction score
Out of the three, I think I like Tattoo the best. Stay Frosty I don't really like much and the title is pretty bad.

Indeed.... I'm liking it more and more after ~ 15 times of playback.

On the sidebar:

Anyone notice the CD cover? Have you seen it before? You fine peeps remember the R & B group Commordores (Lionel Richie) from back in the day? Google Commodores Moving On....... hmmmmmm? :hm:

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
I'm not overly keen on the front cover, had hoped they might go back to the classic logo or something, but I just wanna hear the whole thing now!

Balance

Reaction score
Too close for comfort.

Commodores "MOVING ON" album cover from 1975 vs. Van Halen "A DIFFERENT KIND OF TRUTH" 2012

CommordoresVanHalen.jpg

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Hey Balance! I think someone had pointed that out and the response was that image has been used on a lot of album covers or something to that effect. Wonder if VH knows about it. :D

Balance

Reaction score
Hey Balance! I think someone had pointed that out and the response was that image has been used on a lot of album covers or something to that effect. Wonder if VH knows about it. :D

Oh! Oooops! Thanks ILJP and sorry CRF for beating a dead horse. :bonk:

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Dave would know about it. Isn't it a famous train New York or something?

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Oh! Oooops! Thanks ILJP and sorry CRF for beating a dead horse. :bonk:

:heheh: No, not at all my friend. Just sharing the info! There are SO many Van Halen threads it gets to be overwhelming. Would be nice if all the info were in here so it would be easier to find. You're good! :cheers2

Balance

Reaction score
Oh boy!!! We got a good one here folks! I was going to start on a new thread under music news but clueless. :(

Teaser: CHINA TOWN

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online