Van Halen (Official Thread)

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
You're only missing Fair Warning and Diver Down.

Fair Warning - Mean Streets, Unchained, Hear About It Later, So This is Love. Some of my favourite VH tracks on there but let down by some weird keyboard shit songs IMO. The darkest VH album. It used to be my favourite for a while, it's been over taken by the 3 albums that came before it.

Diver Down - Pretty Woman, The Full Bug, Little Guitars, Where Have All The Good Times Gone. Good album, the weakest with Dave IMO, fair few covers on there, but worth it for Little Guitars and The Full bug alone.

Wouldn't expect you to have to pay more than a few dollars each for them new. Regularly £5 each in the UK, cheaper online.

Complete the 6 pack!
Fair Warning - highly underrated in their catalog. Some great tunes in there that never gets airplay out here.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah that's cool man :cheers2
Decided to give A Different Kind of Truth another listen, trying to see what it is I missed the first time. Tattoo has grown on me, Shes The Woman is pretty damn good. Gonna listen to the rest of it now.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Decided to give A Different Kind of Truth another listen, trying to see what it is I missed the first time. Tattoo has grown on me, Shes The Woman is pretty damn good. Gonna listen to the rest of it now.

Without looking at the track listing I swear I thought they were saying "She's the wombat" when I was listening to that song that first time. :heheh: "Tattoo" has grown on me too and I think it was the best choice for a lead single. It rocks enough and is hooky enough to get people to keep going back to it.

So out of curiosity for everyone who has picked up the new album, what tracks are standing out to you so far?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have a copy now myself, but haven't listened to it yet...I will play it when I have time later tonight but as usual will not comment until I've given it at least 3 complete listening sessions.:D

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Without looking at the track listing I swear I thought they were saying "She's the wombat" when I was listening to that song that first time. :heheh: "Tattoo" has grown on me too and I think it was the best choice for a lead single. It rocks enough and is hooky enough to get people to keep going back to it.

So out of curiosity for everyone who has picked up the new album, what tracks are standing out to you so far?

Shes the Woman, Outta Space, Stay Frosty are my favourites.
Lol I thought they said wombat. Funny the things you think you hear first time.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I've only listened to it once thus far but "Stay Frosty" is certainly a standout for me. Very reminiscent of a track like "Ice Cream Man".

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
You and Your blues, Outta Space, Blood & Fire would be my stand out tracks.

Though it could also be She's The Woman, Bullethead and Beats Workin'...

I think you might see a pattern emerging here...

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Ya know some people that don't like the Van Hagar years, seem to feel the music was too safe.

Or that it had a more commercial sound, more keys, or whatever.

No matter what those feelings might be....here's my question.

Didn't they already start moving into this sound before Sammy joined? Also some fans get cheesed off with Jump. I would like to hear from some people that like it. Those that don't, chime in too and tell us why. :grinthumb

Also Sammy's style fit right in with this track live.

JUMP

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jump was interesting. The synthesiser that they used in that took me some getting used to but I actually dig it now.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shandi

Members online