Van Halen - Full Track - The Trouble With Never

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
Much better than I expected, but then after hearing the awful single I expected nothing. Could be a 'grower' once you get to hear the full tracks, though their basic sound hasn't really changed at all in 35 years, except for the odd synth thrown in once in a while, so they won't win any awards for groundbreaking new creative thinking, but sure, I can image myself rockin out to most of that, so 8/10 on a first hearing.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
Regarding Sabbath I am just as sceptical actually since I was not a big fan of the last album they did with Ozzy in Never Say Die. I hold a consistent scepticism on that.

I'm sorry to pick on you again.

The last Black Sabbath studio album that featured Ozzy Osbourne was released in 1978, 35 years ago. A lot has changed since then. The same with Van Halen though that was 1984 obviously.

To suggest the albums will continue where they left off is very wide of the mark IMO.

But I do hold your apprehension, I'm concerned about this ****ing Aerosmith album they're supposed to be recording...

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm sorry to pick on you again.

The last Black Sabbath studio album that featured Ozzy Osbourne was released in 1978, 35 years ago. A lot has changed since then. The same with Van Halen though that was 1984 obviously.

To suggest the albums will continue where they left off is very wide of the mark IMO.

But I do hold your apprehension, I'm concerned about this ****ing Aerosmith album they're supposed to be recording...

lol I did not say they will continue where they left off there. I didn't base judgment solely on just that previous album, I am apprehensive about any album that was a particularly long gap between that and the last.
But yeah I never said it was gonna be in any way the same as Never Say Die, nothing of the sort. :tongue:
I wasn't a fan of Never Say Die, that doesn't mean I think this one will sound anything like it but I am sceptical because everyone I know has this big excitement about it which is fair enough since it is Black Sabbath but I was just telling Coltrane I wasn't simply singling Van Halen out with my rather mixed reaction replies to their songs.

Powerage

Let There Be Rock!
Reaction score
lol I did not say they will continue where they left off there. I didn't base judgment solely on just that previous album, I am apprehensive about any album that was a particularly long gap between that and the last.
But yeah I never said it was gonna be in any way the same as Never Say Die, nothing of the sort. :tongue:
I wasn't a fan of Never Say Die, that doesn't mean I think this one will sound anything like it but I am sceptical because everyone I know has this big excitement about it which is fair enough since it is Black Sabbath but I was just telling Coltrane I wasn't simply singling Van Halen out with my rather mixed reaction replies to their songs.

My prediction for the new Sabbath album is that it's going to be ****ing heavy. Master of Reality heavy. With lyrical themes most likely surrounding death, after life, mortality etc.

Each clip or song I've heard from the new Van Halen album has been better than the last for me. Like I said before, it's great these old boys [in the nicest possible way] are back making music when they've hated each other for so long, or avoided the subject of an album in Sabbath's case.

I'm disappointed in the reaction Van Halen have generated in a wide sense, but then I also think people less into the music than those on here in general, hold far to much expectation and LOVE to put shit down when it's not a note for note copy of an earlier classic album. The title of VH's new album is a big give away IMO.

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
:heheh: It's not bad, but man.....it's not at all like old Van Halen. Still reminds me of DLR solo.

Yep, that's exactly what I said when I first heard Tattoo, totally sounds like DLR solo stuff (ie: after Skyscraper). This one could have actually bee on either Eat em and Smile or on Skyscraper.

Nothing special here, but not horrible. Eddie's playing is definitely different on the two songs I've heard from this album so far, certainly not "classic EVH" style, but it's not bad. Wolfie's bass playing is actually pretty decent on this track. Not award winning, but better than I was expecting.

HuDsOnReVIn

Banned
Reaction score
This song started well but just failed to do anything for me towards the middle of it. Has some decent guitar riffs in it, Ill give it that but otherwise it just did nothing for me. Ill pass on the album as well. Got plenty of other bands releasing stuff for me to be excited for.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hannibal37

Members online