Van Halen - Full Track - The Trouble With Never

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Funky :dance:

:heheh: It's not bad, but man.....it's not at all like old Van Halen. Still reminds me of DLR solo.

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
Could have been on Eat 'Em And Smile. I agree that they miss Mike's vocals, but Wolfie's bass is cookin'

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So far only Stay Frosty has impressed me 100%. This song started well but just failed to do anything for me towards the middle of it. Has some decent guitar riffs in it, Ill give it that but otherwise it just did nothing for me. Ill pass on the album as well. Got plenty of other bands releasing stuff for me to be excited for.

coltrane2

Musicologist
Reaction score
Expectations are way too high. I love VH but it's just another album. This Forum is more balanced, but the supposed VH fans on other websites are going apeshit about how disappointing this stuff is and that's because they've waited so long they were expecting it to be life changing or something. It's not 1976 and so how could a new VH album have that kind of impact?

They were never going to release an album to challenge Van Halen I or 1984, life just doesn't work like that. They're not young, hungry or full of fresh ideas. What band in the whole history of rock music has split up a line up for almost 30 years then come back and had exactly the same impact? I can't think of one.

What they are though is still a band with one of the best guitarists in the world, a great drummer and one of the most charismatic frontmen who ever walked the planet. The album already sounds fun from the clips available.

As such, those people (not on this sensible forum) need to just chill the hell out, soak up whatever they've created and place it in the VH recorded cannon as it is. It is what it is and no one has even heard it all the way through yet.

Put it this way, it already sounds 1000% better than Chickenfoot III and certainly Van Halen III.

Last edited:

OzzyVanHalen

Reaction score
I agree 100% at Coltrane

Van Halen fans should appreciate that they are back and that they are even putting out a new album. Van Halen didn't have to put out this album but they did anyway. From what I've heard so far, this album already blows Van Halen III away. This Album will definitely not be like fair warning or Van Halen's debut so it's rediculous how many VH fans are saying "it's horrible" and "I was expecting more" and just a lot of negative opinions.

Riff Raff

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In hindsight though people are quite entitled to give a negative opinion on a song if they don't feel it is all that great. People here have given valid reasons why they feel it isn't awesome or even that great. Its good that VH is back but I think they could have done better, not classic stuff by any means but a bit of consistency.
The 2 songs I do like are Stay Frosty and China Town. I enjoy the guitar work on most of these songs actually, never a question there.

Last edited:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magicmoments

Staff online

Members online