Unpopular Albums That You Like?

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
early to mid 70's REO Speedwagon. Most people associate this band with ballads and high school proms but back in the early days they kicked ass, back when Gary Richrath's guitar was the most prominent part of the music.

Love the second album. :grinthumb

Pink Floyd's Division Bell. I don't think that's too popular.

In one forum I said The Division Bell is my favourite Pink Floyd album and I rate it above any other. I was bashed for that. :heheh:

Imp

Banned
Reaction score
Here's 3 that come to mind (correct me if they are actually popular)
.38 Special - Special Delivery
5f9d81b0c8a06d8be2d89110.L.jpg
Crazy Town - Dark Horse
album-darkhorse.jpg

Billy Idol – Cyberpunk
image.php

runtfan

Reaction score
Drama (Yes) '80 - I don't think it's too popular with Yes fans because it doesn't include Anderson or Wakeman, but the songs and the playing are top notch.

Passionworks ( Heart) - A great album that stands alone as a perfect bridge between the dismantling of the 70's band and sound and the mid-80's, MTV era Heart. Passionworks is the last Heart album for another 20 years that actually featured songs written by Heart, and they were good songs. The actual production is totally given over to the 80's, but Ann & Nancy and the songs were there.

Fever

Reaction score
early to mid 70's REO Speedwagon. Most people associate this band with ballads and high school proms but back in the early days they kicked ass, back when Gary Richrath's guitar was the most prominent part of the music.

I agree.They started to go downhill after HiInfidelity

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Drama (Yes) '80 - I don't think it's too popular with Yes fans because it doesn't include Anderson or Wakeman, but the songs and the playing are top notch.

I've tried warming up to Drama over the years but it just feels lacking to me...even now I struggle to get through it from start to finish RF. But I do like 90125 and it's a completely different flavor of Yes.

I don't think 90125 qualifies in this thread, because it was popular with a whole new group of fans, which offset the alienation of many of the older fans who hated the new direction the band took.

Yes is another of the "Rasputin" category of bands...just when you think it's safe to bury them once and for all....they rise up and keep touring releasing new albums.:oyea:

Khor1255

Reaction score
I thought Drama was rather popular. It has a few songs that still come on the radio. I mean it isn't as popular as The Yes Album era stuff but comparatively...

Maybe that was an American thing.

I like it a lot. The Song Run Through the Light or whatever is very cool. Tempus Fugit rocks...it might take a little getting used to but it is worth the effort.

Oh, and here's another reason:

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online

No members online now.