Ultravox (Official Thread)

mrJim

Reaction score
I do say that Midge did sport the "Ferris Bueler's Snooty Waiter Look" at one point.

Attachments

• midgesnootywaiter.jpg
    midgesnootywaiter.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 35

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
:heheh: Dodgy tache and neckerchief...well it was the 80s lol.
Strangely if you watch the footage from the SLIK video its the bass player that looks like that ! Midge must have been inspired :D
"Young savage " was the 1st ever song Id heard by ULTRAVOX!...great stuff.
" Ha ha ha " is a rough diamond of an album .A real manic 70s /art/punk sound with violin and synthesisers . Its not for the easy listener thats for sure, sometimes John Foxx sounds out of key. Probably done deliberately to add to the overall over the top sound it has.
My favourite ULTRAVOX album still is "Systems of Romance" with Foxx in superb vocal form ,yet again some wicked synths but with a lot more "controlled "song structure.

Young savage

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Love the early Ultravox really, they went very poppy IMO and never captured that old magic, early albums are brilliant and still pricey...well what I consider pricey...:)

PHILLK

Reaction score
I have a 45 from Tiger Lily, who were basically the first lineup of Ultravox. It is very art rock, as the boys look as well with their long hair. I think Be Bop Deluxe and Bill Nelson in particular were a great influence at this stage.

I loved the early Ultravox stuff myself, particularly Young Savage and Rockwrok, had a great punk/new wave feel.

joker1961

Skaven Swear Runner
Reaction score
ultravox-431.jpg

Official Website

Ultravox! (1977) (as Ultravox!)
Ha!-Ha!-Ha! (1977) (as Ultravox!)
Systems of Romance (1978)
Vienna (1980)
Rage in Eden (1981)
Quartet (1982)
Lament (1984)
U-Vox (1986)
Revelation (1993)
Ingenuity (1994)

This was (besides Duran Duran) my favorite new wave band of the 80's,even though Ultravox has albums in the 70's, and I have them all.

This is one band I never got to see and never will. I would rather see Ultravox today than The Cars with a new singer.

logo.jpg

My old school friend loved them, he used to buy everything they did, because they released everything on different formats. I have a best of and my favourite track from the Midge Ure era is, " Sleepwalk"

ULTRAVOX were a superb band. Loved them from day one with their roxy/bowiesque style...iwant to be a machine...[ i know how you feel mr foxx!] 2nd album " hahaha...i loved at first..energetic electropunk then by systems of romance...THEY HAD ARRIVED!! Midge Ure took over from John Foxx the VIENNA album is a classic...but they slowly went downhill from there.... John Foxx made some great records his album " the garden" is reminicent of classic Ultravox and is brilliant

As much as I liked the Midge Ure version of Ultravox, I could not get into the John Foxx version. Perhaps I listened to the wrong album. I really like Midge's version of LITP, even if it sounds like David Bowie covering Jethro Tull! It was certainly a brave move.

Midge Ure and Fairport Convention live version of Living in the Past:

The funny thing about Midge's appearance is that he seemed to copy the Star Trek sideburns, moustache and shoulder pads from one of the members of Slik, but did not adopt them until he joined Ultravox.

Ultrvox amazing band...never ever never hoped there be post here:oyea:

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shannan518

Members online

No members online now.