Traffic/Steve Winwood (Official Thread)

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score
Re: Traffic/Steve Winwood

For some reason my aging memory is telling me that their spooky little number "Forty Thousand Headmen" had an alternate name or title, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was, or find any reference to it anywhere.

Anybody else remember that, or am I slowly going nuts?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You are not going nuts Craig...(Roamin' Thro' the Gloamin With) Forty Thousand Headmen is the full title of the song.:tup:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

You're welcome Buddy. I didn't even realize Steve had a new album out...I guess I should look into it.

snakes&ladders

Reaction score

I have always dug Traffic and everything Traffic and Winwood.....great stuff. My colleague from London told me she flirted with Stevie in the Swingin' London times:):):)

Craig in Indy

Your cool Uncle
Reaction score

Maybe I should have said his "latest" album. I see now that it was released in April of '08. I tend to get a little behind the times. Sorry if I got anyone all excited. ;)

51gNo-oQINL__SS400_.jpg

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

No worries Craig.;)

I saw an interview two years ago on 60 Minutes with Steve. He has a really cool estate in England where he lives with his family, and has built a first class recording studio in one of the out buildings where he still goes to compose/play his music.

One of the Success stories of a famous rock star who never lost sight of what was important to him, and still makes great music over 40 years later.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online