Traffic/Steve Winwood (Official Thread)

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Re: Traffic/Steve Winwood

I had a ticket to see Traffic early nineties kind of reunion and when I turned up at the City Hall a lady came out and said "Cancelled due to lack of response." I was gutted. They gave a refund but it was no consolation.

Flower

retired
Reaction score

I had a ticket to see Traffic early nineties kind of reunion and when I turned up at the City Hall a lady came out and said "Cancelled due to lack of response." I was gutted. They gave a refund but it was no consolation.

:wa:

Tattoo'd Lady

Scentless Apprentice
Reaction score

love both Traffic and Winwood, especially this little 60's band he was involved in

Odysseus

Kustom Kartilage
Reaction score

I had the opposite experience, Sox. Please forgive my happiness but I was fortunate to see Traffic in July of 94. It must've been that reunion tour. It was on July 6th, one of the Ampitheater Headliner shows as part of an 11 day local music festival in southeastern Wisconsin. I recall it was well attended. It was great seeing Winwood and Capaldi perform a cracking good set comprised mostly of Traffic songs. Chestnuts from John Barleycorn, Mr. Fantasy along with the biggies from Low Spark and Shoot Out, etc. Man, Jim Capaldi, fine singer and one helluva drummer!

Sadly Chris Wood had passed away in 83. I don't remember who took over his place at that show but the concert was excellent. Jim Capaldi passed away in 05. We miss you both.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online