Toto (Official Thread)

Fever

Reaction score
The place I work at has music piped in and we must not be able to afford the hits,we always get obscure or deep cuts-which is fine most of the time.
I have heard this song quite a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fever

Reaction score
Some solo Steve Lukather

Last edited by a moderator:

Fever

Reaction score

David Paich of Toto wrote a lot of the songs on Silk Degrees

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
I was watching the old Star Licks video with Steve Lukather the other day (era: mid 80's) and I thought I'd go look up Steve on Wikipedia to read up on him a bit.

WOAH, I couldn't believe when I saw his picture.

CHeck this video (just fast forward to any point from about the 1-minute to 3-minute mark, where all he's doing is yapping), then look at the picture below. Can't believe this is the same guy. They don't even resemble each other.

530px-Image-SteveLukather.jpg

:omg:

Back to the video, there are some good licks on there that always remind me of how he was given a lot of props in the rock guitar community (via magazines and such) in the 80's and why I always wondered why a guy with his talent was in a band like Toto. Not that Toto wasn't any good, but he had a lot more flare and ability than he really got to show off in that band.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
He's gained some weight and that shows for sure he's developing jowls in the second photo.

That's not as bad as the shock I got seeing Mike Reno of Loverboy a couple years back, he's ENORMOUS now, must have gained 100 lbs since the glory days of the 80's when his band was really popular.

Fever

Reaction score
Here is something from Bobby Kimball and Jimi Jamison(of Survivor)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelyncline

Staff online

Members online