Toto (Official Thread)

cata

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I know I'm new here but I wanted to drop in to give you a piece of absolutely amazing news! Toto will be releasing a new studio album! :pullhair: I'd always hoped this would happen, but almost gave it up. But yes, it's happening! And it's been confirmed by Luke himself on his Facebook page.

You can check out Steve Lukather's Facebook page for confirmation. I've also already written about it - I'm a big Lukather fan.

So spread the news, it's actually happening!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Who's left in Toto these days??

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Who's left in Toto these days??

From the original line up (that we all know and love) just Steve Lukather and David Paich I believe. They still have Simon on drums and another Porcaro brother (Mike) who's been with them a long time and even had sessions with them, I think since the early days

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Indeed I know Jeff Porcaro passed away and I think Kimball did as well, but am not sure. Don't think I'll bother with this new project, what made Toto a band was the collaboration of all those top notch studio musicians to try and recapture that with just 2 original members doesn't seem possible to me.

Sort of like the latest Boston album, I can't quantify how little interest I have in anything Scholz does these days.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Indeed I know Jeff Porcaro passed away and I think Kimball did as well, but am not sure. Don't think I'll bother with this new project, what made Toto a band was the collaboration of all those top notch studio musicians to try and recapture that with just 2 original members doesn't seem possible to me.

Sort of like the latest Boston album, I can't quantify how little interest I have in anything Scholz does these days.

The good thing is that other people in the band do have history attached one way or the other.

Steve and David being the two main vocalists along with Bobby Kimball.....who's still alive by the way...and didn't leave the band for that second time again until 2008??? The anniversary Blu ray I have has all three of those guys, Simon and a Porcaro brother (Mike)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^I'm always surprised(pleasantly) when I find out someone hasn't...died when talking about old bands.

I'm happy with my old Toto albums, I still play Hydra the most.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
We agree there man!! Hydra is my favorite!!! You know that though....IMO it's a hard one to top as far as ToTo albums go!!! :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Toto lineup changes: A complete guide

ultimateclassicrock.com

From the moment the strains of their first single, ‘Hold the Line,’ hit the airwaves in 1978, Toto were an immediate success story — one whose chapters are still being written in 2013, as the band’s debut record celebrates its 35th anniversary. But even as they celebrated a string of multi-platinum albums and Top 40 hits, the members of Toto had to deal with constant change behind the scenes. Of course, a lot of bands face personnel changes, but Toto have been through more than many and faced a number of gut-wrenching personal tragedies along the way. This edition of UCR’s Lineup Changes looks at all the major comings and goings they’ve seen over the years — including the most recent, which honors the group’s musical history while potentially giving it another new beginning.

1977-82: David Paich / Jeff Porcaro / David Hungate / Steve Lukather / Steve Porcaro / Bobby Kimball

1983-84: David Paich / Jeff Porcaro / Steve Lukather / Steve Porcaro / Bobby Kimball / Mike Porcaro

1984-85: David Paich / Jeff Porcaro / Steve Lukather / Steve Porcaro / Mike Porcaro / Fergie Frederiksen

1986-88: David Paich / Jeff Porcaro / Steve Lukather / Steve Porcaro / Mike Porcaro / Joseph Williams

1990: David Paich / Jeff Porcaro / Steve Lukather / Mike Porcaro / Jean-Michel Byron

1991-92: David Paich / Jeff Porcaro / Steve Lukather / Mike Porcaro

1992-97: David Paich / Steve Lukather / Mike Porcaro / Simon Phillips

1998-2003: David Paich / Steve Lukather / Mike Porcaro / Simon Phillips / Bobby Kimball

2003-08: David Paich / Steve Lukather / Mike Porcaro / Simon Phillips / Bobby Kimball / Greg Phillinganes

2010- : David Paich / Steve Lukather / Simon Phillips / Joseph Williams / Steve Porcaro / Nathan East

Adrian2202

Reaction score
Toto

Has anyone got any idea why Toto aren't coming to the UK? Nothing since 2011, France all last summer, what have we done to upset them?

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Has anyone got any idea why Toto aren't coming to the UK? Nothing since 2011, France all last summer, what have we done to upset them?

I haven no idea, but I could say the same about Saxon, they never come over here either.:wtf:

It could be as simple as ticket sales, tour costs vs revenue coming in.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online