hawk11

Reaction score
Not easy this one ..

Page and Plant - Sheffield Arena '95

Rory Gallagher - Rock City Nottingham '88

Rolling Stones - Sheffield Don Valley '95

Deep Purple - Birmingham NEC '87

Slade - Shoulder Of Mutton Derbyshire '83

You were very lucky to have seen Rory Gallagher and Slade Sox. Don't seem to recall either playing here in NYC (though might have).

runningshoes

Great White North
Reaction score
Iron Maiden / Judas Priest Madison Square Garden NYC 1982 : both bands were fantastic and it was kind of special being it was the first time JP had ever played the Garden. Rob Halford seemed totally amazed from the response of the audience.

I saw that show in Buffalo the same year. It was amazing, although Maiden only played for about 45 minutes. I saw them on their own at Massey Hall a few months earlier. That was something else.

hawk11

Reaction score
I saw that show in Buffalo the same year. It was amazing, although Maiden only played for about 45 minutes. I saw them on their own at Massey Hall a few months earlier. That was something else.

Yeah if my memory serves me correct Maiden didn't play that long at the Garden as well though were still great. Guess we were lucky to see both bands on the same bill in their prime.

Saw Maiden the following year with Coney Hatch and Fastway....another great show!!!

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
OK, seriously I saw Bruce 8 times and he is the best performer I have seen live. I guess the others would be (in no particular order).

Def Leppard
Fleetwood Mac
Bon Jovi
Marshall Tucker

These concerts stood out for many reasons, not only for the music but the ambiance, the company, the venue, etc.

Titokinz

Earthbound misfit
Reaction score
I've only been to about 5 thus far in life myself but I would have to say Iron Maiden put on a hell of a show and System Of A Down were pretty spankin' good as well. Maybe that's the drugs talking but nevertheless those concerts will be stuck in my memory for life!

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
You were very lucky to have seen Rory Gallagher and Slade Sox. Don't seem to recall either playing here in NYC (though might have).

I think I was lucky hawk and there are some great bands cropping up in here .. one you mentioned Alvin Lee and Johnny Winter that must have been brilliant and I never got to see SRV (legend). I did catch Alvin with Edgar Winter and Tony Mcphee of Groundhogs that was a special night. :cheers2

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
1. Eric Clapton - 2006
2. Bob Dylan & B.B. King (Double Bill) - 2011
3. Frank Turner - 2011
4. Blondie & The Pretenders (Double Bill) - 2010
5. John Mayall - 2010

hawk11

Reaction score
I think I was lucky hawk and there are some great bands cropping up in here .. one you mentioned Alvin Lee and Johnny Winter that must have been brilliant and I never got to see SRV (legend). I did catch Alvin with Edgar Winter and Tony Mcphee of Groundhogs that was a special night. :cheers2

Alvin Lee and Johnny Winter were brilliant Sox and though as much as I like SRV I like Rory better and would have loved to have seen him live. And have to say that Alvin, Edgar Winter and Tony McPhee is a real interesting combination.

Mr. Bob Dobolina

Reaction score
Paul McCartney at Amoeba Records in Hollywood 2007

KISS in the Magic Mountain parking lot 1978. They were filming the concert sequences for "KISS Meets the Phantom of the Park". It was invite only. I won tickets on TenQ (an L.A. AM Top 40 station).

The Monkees at the Greek Theater 1986. It was the night Nesmith showed up and joined them on the encore. They played "Listen to the Band" and "Pleasant Valley Sunday". It was the first time all four had appeared on stage together since 1968.

The Band at the Greek Theater 1976. It was the last tour with the original line-up. They played "The Last Waltz" a few months later.

The Ronnie Lane ARMS concert at the Forum. It was Jimmy Page's first time on an L.A. stage since the demise of Zeppelin. When he played the opening chords to "Stairway to Heaven" (which they did as an instrumental) the cheers were deafening.

There are so many I'm leaving out, like....Jr. Walker, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and Thelonious Monster and a homeless benefit concert featuring the Bangles, Brian Wilson, Wall of Voodoo and an all-star band (I'll never forget Belinda Carlisle and Molly Ringwald trading vocals on "Band of Gold"). Those were all at the Palace in Hollywood.

I've also seen the Beach Boys (their first tour after losing Dennis), the Kinks, Neil Young and Crazy Horse, Ringo's All-Starr Band (version 1), Iggy Pop, the Stones, Jethro Tull, Crosby, Stills and Nash, the Raspberries...and on and on. God, I love music!:mn::music

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online