Top 5 Favorite Concerts Attended

Reaction score
I actually had the opportunity to see 2 (4 this coming sunday) concerts this summer. But here's my list
Guns'n'Roses- though I don't like the new lineup and don't listen to their current music, it was still pretty cool to see Axl Rose up close. Axl puts on a show...
ZZ Top/Bret Michaels- two different nights last labor day weekend, but at the same venue and I had a dual ticket. I absolutely loved ZZ Top and cried when Bret came on stage. Needless to say, I am actually heading down to the beach right now to see ZZ Top again tonight and going with friends to see Bret Sunday night... this will be my second time seeing them.
Journey- just saw them about 2 weeks ago. Arnel Pineda was a great replacement for Steve Perry and Robert Fleischman. Though I thought I wouldn't be, I was thoroughly impressed.
Def Leppard- June 25, 2011. My best friends b-day was june 25 and her all-time favorite band is Def Leppard- conveniently, they happened to be in town the night of her b-day. So she invited me and I loved it. It was the whole original lineup and we were in the third row. Awesome, awesome experience. It was kind of amazing to see Rick Allen play te drums with just his one arm- he's 10x more amazing in person.
Earth, Wind and Fire- the same friend and I saw them last year. Of course all teir music is pretty mainstream so you don't even have to be a huge fan to know the songs. And surprise, surprise, we got to meet them!!!! I'm one of those people; even if I don't know the performers that well, I can still be absolutely starstruck. They put on a really entertaining show!

And I would be able to report about a KISS concert but theres a story t it. When my friend and I decide to look up tour dates for classic rock bands, we happen to find out through our research that KISS was at the beach that very night. She and I just literally cried.... then we pounded our heads on the table.

gcczep

Ever Onward...
Reaction score
^Nol's got a lifetime to catch up so he'll build it.

Mine:

1. The A.R.M.S. Concert, The Forum, Los Angeles 12/5/83 - Clapton, Beck and Page! The Holy Trinity from the Yardies...
2. Page/Plant: The Forum, Los Angeles 5/17/95 - Half a Zep is better than none...
3. The Rolling Stones: L.A. Memorial Coliseum 12/19/89 - Clapton joins them onstage... G N' R [original line-up] and In Living Colour open.
4. Pink Floyd: L.A. Sports Arena 2/12/80 - "The Wall" live! The chemical enhancement gave it another dimension... LOL!
5. Queen: L.A. 9/15/82 - I really enjoyed this show and remember it fondly...

Honorable mentions: G N' R - The Forum, L.A. 1991, Aerosmith The Forum 1991, Page/Crowes 10/18-19/99, Deep Purple Long Beach 1985...

Mr. Shadow

"Classic" Member
Reaction score
The Who
The Rolling Stones
The Allman Brothers
Frank Zappa & the Mothers of Invention
Jethro Tull

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
Not easy this one ..

Page and Plant - Sheffield Arena '95

Rory Gallagher - Rock City Nottingham '88

Rolling Stones - Sheffield Don Valley '95

Deep Purple - Birmingham NEC '87

Slade - Shoulder Of Mutton Derbyshire '83

JerseyGirl

Reaction score
Bruce Springsteen
The Boss
Springsteen
Bruce

Oh and Bruce Springsteen. :D

hawk11

Reaction score
Iron Maiden / Judas Priest Madison Square Garden NYC 1982 : both bands were fantastic and it was kind of special being it was the first time JP had ever played the Garden. Rob Halford seemed totally amazed from the response of the audience.

Johnny Winter / Alvin Lee Calderone Theater Hempstead, NY 1983 : sort of like dying and going to guitar heaven. Both of these legends put on a great show as Groovy Man can attest to. There was also a band on the bill called The Bluesblasters.

Van Halen Madison Square Garden NYC 1982 : just an all around great show and say what you want about David Lee Roth but he is one helluva performer.

Stevie Ray Vaughan Pier 84 NYC 1986 was privledged to witness another great performance from a legend who left this world too soon.

Leslie West / Dio Beacon Theater NYC 1983 : sort of an odd couple though both men were great. Leslie sat on a stool for the whole performance and had Corky Laing on drums. RJD had this impish grin on his face as the audience gave him the horn salute.

So many more!!!!!!!!!!

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tayson ray

Members online