Arthur Brown (Official Thread)

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Arthur Brown is a legend who gives 110% live, people should go and see him and learn how to perform:bow:

Here he is with the master Vincent Crane

Come and join the fun

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
"Fire" just came on at work and I ended up getting into a conversation with a customer about how much I really wish Arthur Brown would have been more successful than he was. Outside of his one hit he has a really solid back catalog that is really unique for it's time period. It's a bit of a shame really...

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
I only have 'Dance' LP from '74 and I think it's an excellent album. Some great tracks, We've Got To Get Out Of This Place and Helen With The Sun...

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Well I got to see the master at work again last night at the flowerpot in Derby and what a show, yet again he amazes me. He just keeps going and at 73 he still leaps around like a young lad and his voice gets better and better.

I actually met the man by accident before the show as he came out of the toilet I was at the bar and shouted him over and shook his hand and had a brief chat to him, top man. Anyone who likes music must go and see one of his shows his is a true genius.

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
That frigen "Fire" song almost causes acid flashbacks.Now THAT'S what I call psych-rock......................

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
Arthur is touring again and I may go and see him again, I have a number of his albums now and I thing he is such a great musician, one of the best. I purchased a CD and Comic set from his web site and I wanted to know how long it would be before I received the item so I sent an email to his admin department. I got a reply this morning from Arthur himself telling me that his head of sales would be back soon from Australia and would send it then.

Great to see that he takes a personal interest in his fans, hope it's not months before I get it.

I do urge anyone who wants to see a great musician showing people how to perform to go and see Arthur before it's too late, he may retire at some point in the near future and you will have missed out.

Rob B

Reaction score
Here's one I don't think has been mentioned yet. From Robert Calvert's concept album "Captain Lockheed and The Starfighters" - The Song Of The Gremlin ...

G

Gothic-Stone

I don't have words to describe how fantastic I find Arthur's voice and music. What a genius!
"I Put A Spell On You"-cover only is already so amazing...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Members online