Top 100 rock songs of the 80's

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Go ahead Feldy, I wanna hear what you have to say about Gorgeous George!

:flirt

Confession is good for the soul....

I have to admit I did like "I Want Your Sex"

TheFeldster

Mr Kite
Reaction score
Hahaha, Wham for me just wrote the most irritatingly plastic and at the same time catchy songs, that's what really irritates me. They're songs which once you hear it intrude over the PA system at the local shops or at some party or something, they're gonna stick around in your head for weeks on end, while at the same time coming across to me as having absolutely no feeling or passion to them - just completely generic, which has never resonated with me at all :D

Also, I believe bands like Wham and Culture Club are fore-runners to the current craze of performing all your music on computers and other electrical gadgets, which in my mind really defeats the point :grinthumb.

I can hit buttons on a computer with skill, maybe I should make an album :oyea:

But yeah, that's my view on George Michael and Wham. I know I didn't mention Michael's solo career, but same thing applies. And I pick on George Michael a bit because I can't remember the other Wham dude's name :heheh:

Plus, those shorts he wore on "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go"s video are a blight on humankind, IMHO :D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I loved Culture Club! I remember the first time I saw Boy George, I argued with someone that he was a girl. Gawd he was gorgeous.

Church of the Poison Mind. I always like this song.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
I loved Culture Club! I remember the first time I saw Boy George, I argued with someone that he was a girl. Gawd he was gorgeous.

I like Culture Club too. I also like George Michael. I think both Georges (particularly the Michael one) are very good singers.

Also I'm quite happy with your list Magic, though if we did have a strip I'd take "Once Bitten Twice Shy" out because I hate what Great White did with that song. Other than that though it's fantastic. :D

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
Plus, those shorts he wore on "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go"s video are a blight on humankind, IMHO :D
Those four-panel Dolfin shorts were made for girls back in the 80's, not guys. But they looked *great* on chicks... as did the bikinis! :heybaby:

Last edited:

Dave78

Dave's not here, man
Reaction score
The Rush Song is a slight oversight and there are probably more in the wrong year, too. I only listed what got put on "repeat" the most :flirt

It took me a week or more to put these together, and I probably had that song on the early 80's list as something I listened to quite a bit.....

If you guys wanna pick the lists apart be my guest.....saves me from having to go back and look up when each song was recorded and released :grinthumb
I was just curious whose list it was because the title of the thread didn't specify. It wasn't my intention to pick you or your list apart. Sorry if you got that impression from my post.

Fever

Reaction score
Magic- I liked the majority of your list.I am glad to see Night Ranger on it but I would replace Sister Christian with Don't Tell Me You Love Me or (You Can Still) Rock In America:grinthumb
Also glad to see some .38 Special on there.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustybroom

Staff online

Members online