1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top 100 rock songs of the 80's

Discussion in 'Book of Lists' started by Magic, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Soot and Stars

Soot and Stars I AM SOOT!

Dude! Go ahead! I don't care! :lmao: Just be more elaborate than he sucks! :grinthumb I thought Freedom and Too Funky were great and he was cool until the bathroom incident! :oyea:

2. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

Go ahead Feldy, I wanna hear what you have to say about Gorgeous George!

:flirt

Confession is good for the soul....

I have to admit I did like "I Want Your Sex"

3. Foxhound

Foxhound retired

The other fellow in the bathroom must have agreed.

:D

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  4. TheFeldster

TheFeldster Mr Kite

Hahaha, Wham for me just wrote the most irritatingly plastic and at the same time catchy songs, that's what really irritates me. They're songs which once you hear it intrude over the PA system at the local shops or at some party or something, they're gonna stick around in your head for weeks on end, while at the same time coming across to me as having absolutely no feeling or passion to them - just completely generic, which has never resonated with me at all :D

Also, I believe bands like Wham and Culture Club are fore-runners to the current craze of performing all your music on computers and other electrical gadgets, which in my mind really defeats the point :grinthumb.

I can hit buttons on a computer with skill, maybe I should make an album :oyea:

But yeah, that's my view on George Michael and Wham. I know I didn't mention Michael's solo career, but same thing applies. And I pick on George Michael a bit because I can't remember the other Wham dude's name :heheh:

Plus, those shorts he wore on "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go"s video are a blight on humankind, IMHO :D

5. Soot and Stars

Soot and Stars I AM SOOT!

:heheh:

6. Magic

Magic Woman of the World

I loved Culture Club! I remember the first time I saw Boy George, I argued with someone that he was a girl. Gawd he was gorgeous.

Church of the Poison Mind. I always like this song.

7. Cosmic Harmony

Cosmic Harmony Senior Member

I like Culture Club too. I also like George Michael. I think both Georges (particularly the Michael one) are very good singers.

Also I'm quite happy with your list Magic, though if we did have a strip I'd take "Once Bitten Twice Shy" out because I hate what Great White did with that song. Other than that though it's fantastic. :D

8. Dave78

Dave78 Dave's not here, man

Those four-panel Dolfin shorts were made for girls back in the 80's, not guys. But they looked *great* on chicks... as did the bikinis! :heybaby:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2010
  9. Dave78

Dave78 Dave's not here, man

I was just curious whose list it was because the title of the thread didn't specify. It wasn't my intention to pick you or your list apart. Sorry if you got that impression from my post.

10. Fever

Fever Senior Member

Magic- I liked the majority of your list.I am glad to see Night Ranger on it but I would replace Sister Christian with Don't Tell Me You Love Me or (You Can Still) Rock In America:grinthumb
    Also glad to see some .38 Special on there.