Top 100 rock songs of the 80's

GlamRock4Ever

80s Rock Music mainly hard rock, new wave, metal
Reaction score
Cozy--Thanks for reminding me of this list. ROCK ON saw Whitesnake last year. Same singer, voice still good, although he took a lot of breaks while there were MEGA guitar solos. Truly amazing experience. YEAH:rock:

mysticman52

classic rocker
Reaction score
Just went through the "Favorites 1980's rock songs" thread and the list submitted by Magic.

It reminded me of the "rock summit" I organized a few years ago (october 2013) with my older brother, a younger cousin - at my cousin's bed & breakfast in a remote area of the province of Quebec. Ahead of time, we prepared playlists and spent 3 days listening to each others favourites bands. I noticed a definite pattern. My brother was then 67 y.o., my cousin 54, and I was 61. My older brother is a huge Bob Dylan fan. No, he's actually a Bob Dylan maniac. So he played a lot of Dylan stuff, some Dylan covers, ad nauseam, Leonard Cohen, etc. My younger cousin was into Arthur Brown and a lot of prog rock. I played some Pink Floyd, Captain Beyond, Rumplestiltskin, Audience, some blues/rock (such as Walter Trout, Coco Montoya, David Gogo, etc.), to introduce them to - with the exception of Pink Floyd - music they might not have heard of before.

Would I be wrong in stating that a person latches onto the music they heard and liked during the years when they "formed" their personal music tastes, i.e., say 16 to 23 years of age or so? Sure, I got to like other bands that surfaced later on but I find it hard to like them as much as the mainstays of my youth so to speak
So I won't criticize Magic for her personal taste in 80's hair and glam bands. I am not a fan of those, by the way, but to each his/her own. Just my 2 cents worth.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online