Top 100 rock songs according to Planet Rock Listeners

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score
LG, it is a classic rock radio station. They mainly play lots of classic rock goodies. Whenever I can I listen to that station. So I'm not surprised of that list.
Nice to see Stargazer at 7.

Jake T

Running With The Pack
Reaction score
I have so many issues with that list I'm not even going to try to elaborate. Let's just say 50% good, 25% OK, and 25% ridiculous.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
LG, it is a classic rock radio station. They mainly play lots of classic rock goodies. Whenever I can I listen to that station. So I'm not surprised of that list.
Nice to see Stargazer at 7.

It sure looked that way to me Tony, thanks for the background info.:hab:

There are so many "deep cuts" that get overlooked on any of these lists, even from seminal bands of the late 60's and 70's that it is tiresome to see Stairway win yet another contest, this being the year 2012.:bonk:

TheSound

An Englishman in New York
Reaction score
That’s a decent list, though maybe somebody can explain how a Slade song I bet most people never even heard of has suddenly appeared out of nowhere, and is trumping Shine On You Crazy Diamond, and Layla, and Purple Haze? Just shows how random and meaningless these lists are....nothing against Slade, who were always a lot of fun, but did Noddy Holder really write the 31st greatest rock track in history?

Nololob

Long Live Wock 'n' Woll
Reaction score
That’s a decent list, though maybe somebody can explain how a Slade song I bet most people never even heard of has suddenly appeared out of nowhere, and is trumping Shine On You Crazy Diamond, and Layla, and Purple Haze? Just shows how random and meaningless these lists are....nothing against Slade, who were always a lot of fun, but did Noddy Holder really write the 31st greatest rock track in history?

Don't forget:

1. Slade were huge in the UK.
2. Planet Rock is a classic rock station (as EF said).
3. Planet Rock 'Listeners'.

That's why Slade made it to the list.

electric funeral

Just listening music
Reaction score

As Nolo explained Slade are huge in UK and it is a UK based radio station. So together with the fanbase of Slade and playing that song regularly that might explain number 31.

Matt

Reaction score
The birthplace of heavy metal (AKA Birmingham) / L
As much as I love Led Zepp, STH wasn't their best song (I always thought Rock and Roll or Kashmir was), it has a good intro and solo during it, that's really it.

Free Bird? Lord, no. It's the opposite of Stairway to Heaven, a good body but the solo is just boring, repetitive, and about 3 minutes too long.

No way is Living on a Prayer better than Hotel California, that's like saying drowning in hydrochloric acid is better than winning the lottery. HC would have to be in the Top 10 for me, then again these lists are always based on opinions and there are really no right or wrong versions, just different ones.

ILoveJimmyPage

Reaction score
Nice to see someone FINALLY recognizing When the Levee Breaks in a countdown though. One of Zeppelin's treasures.

Also props for Everlong. There's a few newer tunes in there but 90s music will need to stand the test of time before we'll see more of it in these lists. I do think Pearl Jam's Jeremy deserved a spot over Alive though. That's just my opinion. It was one of the best songs of the 90s.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.