Top 10 Rock Guitarists

Lynch

Here for the cookies and the tunes
Reaction score
very good guitarist, makes me want to go out a buy a rockman
I remember back in about '88 or so, I went downtown to a music store to check out the Rockman. I grabbed a BC Rich to play it on and was floored by the pitch harmonics I was doing that I could NEVER do before. Tried a number of settings and really liked it. I was also digging the feel of the BC Rich, so I plugged into a normal amp and started jamming a bit and found that what I was liking was the guitar itself. Loved the feel, loved the way it played and decided that the guitar was cooler than the rockman. Asked if they did trade ins, ran home and got my Strat and turned it in. I don't think I ever went back and played a Rockman again after that. :tongue:

:cc:

Always thought about it, but spent my money on other gear instead.

Lynch

Reaction score
As for the list, it's really hard (for me) to make a true Top 10 list as there are SO many guitarists that I love and appreciate. Some guys will always remain constant on my list and others rise and fall. I'll give it a shot though. These are the guys that I can think of that most influenced my own playing and/or even got me to pick up a guitar in the first place.

George Lynch
Ace Frehley
Eddie Van Halen
Jake E Lee
Eric Clapton
Stevie Ray Vaughan
David Gilmore
Tony Iommi
Zakk Wylde
Matthias Jabs (Scorpions)
Vivian Campbell
Kirk Hammett

The guys I'd consider to be the most talented at what they do... (won't re-include anyone from above)

Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Yngwie Malmsteen
Jimi Hendrix
Jimmy Page
Randy Rhodes
Ritchie Blackmore
Tom Scholz
Alvin Lee
John Petrucci
Rik Emmitt

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
^^^ Show off!! :lmao: Nah.. just joshing you Bro.. You know your guitarist.. I'll say that.. :grinthumb

Lynch

Reaction score
It's actually a pretty hard list for me to put together because there are SO many great guitarists out there. I'd love to put Frankie Hannon on there and probably should have included Slash, maybe Angus Young, Diamond Darrell, etc... not enough room in a list of "10".

;)

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
It's actually a pretty hard list for me to put together because there are SO many great guitarists out there. I'd love to put Frankie Hannon on there and probably should have included Slash, maybe Angus Young, Diamond Darrell, etc... not enough room in a list of "10".

;)
I agree totally.. of course my list was compiled last night ..LATE!! and coming from a head swimming in red wine.. So I knew this morning I would look and compare what others liked and of course thought.. Dam.. he needs to be on my list!! How the hell did I forget EVH???:wtf:

Slip'nn2Darkness

Sub Sonic Soul Shaker
Reaction score
It's shameful man.. you call yourself a rocker!??!!?!?

:heheh:

:heheh: These threads are like a math test to me.. It would be better to just say.. Post ALL your favorites!!!:grinthumb Good thing I can edit my list.. :D

gguerra

Reaction score
After posting my original list and realized 10 was too few, I'd probably add or substitute:

Tony Iommi
Mark Knopfler
Rik Emmitt
Michael Schenker
Brian May

Last edited:

LXA

Old Noob
Reaction score
Speaking of Guitar Gods, guess which one is coming out with a posthumous album this year...

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online

No members online now.