Tom Petty Plans Huge Anniversary Tour; Joe Walsh to Play Most Dates

That 70s Guy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
ultimateclassicrock.com

Tom-Petty-Joe-Walsh-Photo.jpg

Tom Petty has confirmed dates from April through July 2017 as he celebrates 40 years with the Heartbreakers – and he’ll have a special guest in Joe Walsh for part of the time.

Petty’s official site notes that the former Eagles star “will appear as very special guest on many of the dates.” Check out the confirmed shows below; more concerts – including spots on the West Coast – will be added soon. Shows with Walsh have an asterisk.

The tour begins in Oklahoma City, then goes on to Dallas, Nashville, Atlanta, Houston, Kansas City, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati, among other stops. The Heartbreakers will also play the Mountain Jam Festival in Hunter Mountain, New York on June 17, and stage multiple shows at Red Rocks and in Queens, N.Y.

Tickets for most of the concerts are set to go on sale Dec. 16 at 10AM local time; two shows at New York City’s Forest Hills Stadium will be available on Dec. 14. Mountain Jam tickets are available via their official website. Petty’s shows at Wrigley Field in Chicago and at Milwaukee’s Summerfest will feature Chris Stapleton.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers’ 40th Anniversary Tour
4/20: Oklahoma City, Okla. – Chesapeake Energy Center*
4/22: Dallas, Texas – American Airlines Arena*
4/23: Little Rock, Ark. – Verizon Wireless Arena*
4/25: Nashville, Tenn. – Bridgestone Arena*
4/27: Atlanta, Ga. – Philips Arena*
4/29: Houston – Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion*
5/2: Austin, Texas – Frank Erwin Center
5/5: West Palm Beach, Fla. – Perfect Vodka Amphitheatre*
5/6: Tampa, Fla. – Amalie Arena*
5/8: Memphis, Tenn. – Fedex Forum*
5/12: St. Louis – Scottrade Center*
5/13: Indianapolis, Ind. – Klipsch Music Center*
5/29-30: Morrison, Colo. – Red Rocks Amphitheatre
6/2: Kansas City, Mo. – Sprint Center*
6/3: St. Paul, Minn. – Xcel Energy Center*
6/5: Des Moines, Iowa – Wells Fargo Arena*
6/7: Columbus, Ohio – Schottenstein Center*
6/9: Pittsburgh – PPG Paints Arena*
6/10: Cleveland – Quicken Loans Arena*
6/12: Cincinnati – US Bank Arena*
6/14: Hartford, Conn. – Xfinity Theatre*
6/16: Newark, N.J. – Prudential Center*
6/17: Hunter Mountain, N.Y. – Mountain Jam Festival
6/29: Chicago – Wrigley Field
7/1: Philadelphia – Wells Fargo Arena
7/2: Canandaigua, N.Y. – CMAC Performing Arts Center
7/5-6: Milwaukee, Wis. – Summerfest
7/18: Clarkston, Mich. – DTE Energy Music Theatre
7/20: Boston – TD Garden
7/23: Baltimore – Royal Farms Arena
7/26-27: Queens, N.Y. – Forest Hills Stadium
*-Appearing with Joe Walsh

Read More: Tom Petty Plans Huge Anniversary Tour; Joe Walsh to Play Most Dates | Tom Petty Plans Huge Anniversary Tour; Joe Walsh to Play Most Dates

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
Sounds like a heck of a tour. Can't wait to see it. And Petty always gets absolutely the best opening acts. Only one who gets better openers is the Stones, but then Petty has a lot more passion left in his live gigs than they do.

Sharp Dressed Man

Down South Jukin'
Reaction score
Petty has a lot more passion left in his live gigs than they do.

I can't agree with that opinion, at least not based on my personal experience. I don't know when you last saw The Stones live, but I tihnk the general opinion is that they've been on fire the past few years. I saw them in Vienna a couple of years ago and there is no way anyone could claim they lacked passion or energy and I get the same feeling from every live document they've released in recent years.

AboutAGirl

oh, be nice
Reaction score
I can't agree with that opinion, at least not based on my personal experience. I don't know when you last saw The Stones live, but I tihnk the general opinion is that they've been on fire the past few years. I saw them in Vienna a couple of years ago and there is no way anyone could claim they lacked passion or energy and I get the same feeling from every live document they've released in recent years.

Last time I saw 'em was 2005. Was almost going to see them on this last tour but I bailed when I found out the setlist was extremely generic. I'll grant you that it's probably just a difference of perspective, 'cause for me the setlist completely makes or breaks the show. But I'm willing to believe The Stones have gotten a second wind. And if they work a fair bit of Blue & Lonesome into the next tour then they might see me there.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
allmylife11

Staff online

Members online