Today Brian Jones would have turn 73.

PaulWyman79

Reaction score
I take the occasion to wish a Happy Birthday to Brian Jones who will be forever an icon and a great and talented polistrumentist.

:hb1:

Sorry for the grammar mistake. I meant "turned".

Last edited:

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Unfortunately,Jones will never be considered as iconic as he should be due to the fact that so many people assume Jagger and Richards started the band and most younger classic rock buffs may never even have heard of him.I kinda like his oboe contribution to the flip side of the Beatles' "Let It Be",You Know My Name(Look Up the Number)" as well his inclusion on "Baby You're A Rich Man".(I'm not sure ,but I think it was either a recorder or a VOcorder).Jones actually had aspirations of joining the Fabs'.I know he was real close with the band,particularly John Lennon.The circumstances surrounding his July,1969 drowning still remain quite mysterious to some..................

HippinHippie

Flower Power
Reaction score
I am 17 years old and not only do i know of Brian Jones and his fantastic contributions to The Rollings Stones, I also knew he founded the band. It must have been a terrible day in July of 1969 when that tragic news hit the airways. I know I will always miss the true legend.

PaulWyman79

Reaction score
I believe the fans were really shocked like Marianne Faithfull who tried to kill herself because she couldn't manage the pain. According to Bill, the ex-bassist, Mick Jagger was in tears (watch "Crossfire Hurricane" and read "The Rolling Stones:A life on the road") but Wyman told his mate to face the truth. Personally I don't know how much the Rolling Stones were sorry for Brian's death. I mean Jones was very lunatic, demotivated and stoned at the time. Anyway after the band expelled him, he felt like he was starting a new life. So I suppose the guitarist was quite stressed when he was still part of the group. At last bless Brian!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Staff online

Members online