Thrice - Vheissu (2005)

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Band: Thrice
Album: Vheissu
Reviewer: Prime & Cunishment

9d837289_thrice-vheissu.jpg

If you want to talk "one of the greatest albums in the last ten years", this would surely fall under that category. Granted, it'd be pushed down by a large majority of greater albums, but this one surely takes the cake. Not only is it an album full of great, but it's by a band that I have grown to love more and more upon each release. Vheissu was the very first album I heard from Thrice. It caught me by surprise just a little bit, because I felt like I was listening to the same thing I had been hearing from every other rock band that was being hyped up at that time. But, the difference is, I have a pretty strong opinion about Thrice not getting as much hype as they undoubtedly deserve. They are one of the better bands that have and are still releasing great albums. This obviously being one of them.

Now onto some songs. There is one specific song that has continued to catch my attention since the first day I begun listening to Thrice. That is of course, Of Dust and Nations. I don't know what it is about the song, but it brings in so much emotion and cleansing vocals that it's near impossible not to give it a listen a second time, and a third time, and so on and so forth. Not to mention the incredible "solo" at the end of the song. Listen to it and you'll see what I mean:

And just for kicks, here's the AOL live version of the same song:

From my obvious love for this band, the rating of this album should not come to a surprise.

1star.png
1star.png
1star.png
1star.png
1star.png

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Craqdi

Members online