Thirsty Merc

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
I saw this Aussie band not long ago. They have been around for a while now but I don't think they are known outside Australia.

In The Summertime

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
you're absolutly right, sunny. They dont get exposure in the US. Great band :grinthumb

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
Thirsty Merc are good, but to me they didn't have lasting appeal. I listened to them over a long period of time and just last year I started to get bored of them. Songs like Wasting Time, Claude Monet, When The Weather Is Fine and My Completeness are great pop rock tunes! :D

Gabble Ratchet

Reaction score
I'm a prog fan Feldy, what do you expect? :heheh:

Nah, I still dig some of their tunes, I simply don't like them as much as I used to for whatever reason :D

Sunny

Settled down at last and very happy.
Reaction score
Rai Thistlethwaite the vocalist in Thirsty Merc wrote "I Am Australian" and this vid of the Telstra ad uses the song and somebody told me it is them singing even though it is a totally different band shown at the very end so I don't know ............... maybe the band in the ad are miming to Thirsty Merc.

Good ad but I have no time for Telstra ;)

limpy

Penguin Power
Reaction score
These guys are just awesome. Their recent song Mouse Trap Heart would have to be a favorite of mine. But just some quick facts I was reading about them :D They formed back in 2002 and got their name from Rai Thistlethwayte (Lead Singers) old Mercedes Benz which he drove back in high school. The car had various mechanical problems but did churn through a lot of petrol, hence the name "Thirsty Merc" These are just some other great hits of theirs.

The Hard Way

20 Good Reasons

Someday, Someday

Soot and Stars

I AM SOOT!
Reaction score
These guys from the links I've been able to have work in my country have a Maroon 5 feel! Sister hazel also comes to mind! :grinthumb I like them and could get into these guys as I like radio rock like this.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nowiknowitsJAG

Staff online

Members online