Think I am gonna like it here but...

olhippie

Reaction score
I have a problem today..For my website http://baby-boomer-rock-and-roll.com. I need complete band discographies from underground classic rock bands from the 60s and 70s (such as Troggs,Groundhogs,Spirit...)
I use to use Google music search, they had all the bands, all the discography and was very easy to find what you want. Today I go there to get The Troggs discography and the whole Goog music search was different, way different, was of no use to me anymore.I dont know what I will do now, why did google do this? I need this info badly, or my website will suffer.Google Music Search was the best place to get band discographies. No other sites seem to exist for this info.

Midnight Rider

Captain Karma
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I am not sure what problem you are having. Being an ole hippie myself my brain has not adjusted to all the new internet ways of doing things. I have not had problems researching artists though.
I hope to see you around. To many times people just pop in to promote their web site. We most definately can use another hippie.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Hello!

I dont believe that! There are alot of sites for discographies. Try the band's official site, and try googling the band, or searching with other key words.

Welcome to the forum! I hope you find it interesting here, and I hope you participate in the discussions! :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I agree with Magic and Midnight, we could always use another Hippie in the forum, and there are countless resources to find what you are looking for about almost any band.

Anyway welcome to the pen and I do hope you stick around and contribute here.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
One post then........:poof:

I am skeptical now.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Yeah I was going to suggest a site for him to visit, but it seems that he is only concerned about his own site.

Regardless I wish him luck in his search for information, I just ripped my Troggs compilation CD yesterday, for my archive files.:)

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
Wikipedia has discographies for many/most bands.

3353_7380welcome.jpg

:heheh:

olhippie

Reaction score
No man, I am not here just to promote my site ! But it did seem like a good time for alittle spam, just kidding. My site needs all the help i can give it.
I hope I can be a contributing member here. I will be back often. This seems like a far-out forum.
I guess none of you ever used the old Google Music Search, it was hard to find sometimes. But the way it worked was like this : you just entered any band name ,and i mean ANY, and a page would open with only their discography. Every album with picture of cover and every song listed. And it was in order by date of release.
Imagine a website where you could find a discography of any old 60s or 70s underground classic rock band with just one click. Some of these bands that I know are so obscure ,you may not even remember them, but google had them listed.
Some of you said there are a lot of places for this information. There are alot of places, but what they have usually isn't what I want. their discography list are not complete or are missing release dates.
Some of these bands don't even have a website. And some that are still alive and do have a website, their discography lists are not even complete , maybe they just got stoned too many times and forgot all their albums.
Anyway, all I'm saying is I will miss the old Google Music Search, and it is not as easy as some of you think to find a website like the old google music search site. And to keep my site going I really dont have time to search sites all day to find a discography for ex.,Bubble Puppy.
If any of you want to hear some of these obscure bands try listening to internet radio 3WK (sorry more spam) I hope to have long relationship here CHEERS :cheers: ~olhippie

Alocer

Music Fiend
Reaction score
Hope you stay, its always worrisome when in someones introduction page they list web addresses to go to.

There have been some pretty good suggestions here and I believe there is even a free site that allows you to look up discography listings. And if you get desperate, try to find a torrent on Pirate bay or something as they usually list the albums out in the torrent. Just a thought...:)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OEITrinida

Members online

No members online now.