Thin Lizzy (Official Thread)

itsjim

Member of Rock legend
Reaction score
Okay and the Thin Lizzy stuff keeps coming and coming this time this is a long over due release that some have been sitting on - now if only we can get the Sydney House show (with good quality sound) released I would be happy:)

I've been assured that the extras have been included. Full press release and track listing below.

Live at the National Stadium Dublin – DVD

This fantastic DVD offers a treasure trove for Thin Lizzy fans, offering a unique package of never-before-released archive material from Ireland’s National broadcaster RTE.

· On Stage at the National Stadium: Concert
Described as The Holy Grail for Thin Lizzy fans, this show captures the band at their very best in front of an adoring home crowd. After various changes in the preceding years the classic 4-piece line-up was finally in place. This is the only live footage of much of the classics from the Fighting era and it shows Thin Lizzy in their prime, lean and hungry to conquer the world! The show’s original audio has been newly restored and remastered for 2012, allowing fans to rightly hear the band in their full glory.

· Renegade – The Philip Lynott Story: Documentary
This unique film offers an in-depth, fly-on-the-wall discussion with Phil himself, an opportunity forever missed to many due to his passing at the age of 36. It offers an amazing personal insight into Phil’s creative work as well as the only known live footage of his solo band.

· The Sun Goes Down: Documentary
A documentary shot in Ireland during the band’s Thunder and Lightening tour in 1983 featuring exclusive behind-the-scenes footage as well as two live tracks, “Are You Ready” from the show in Belfast and “The Sun Goes Down” from Dublin.

· Special Bonus Features
§ “6/5 Live” special RTE TV performance presented by Dave Heffernan featuring two live tracks: “Are You Ready” and “Whiskey in the Jar”
§ “Old Town” promo video produced for RTE and featuring Phil Lynott as a solo artist.

Full tracklistings

LIVE AT THE NATIONAL STADIUM DUBLIN – DVD

ON STAGE AT THE NATIONAL STADIUM
CONCERT
1. Fighting My Way Back
2. It’s Only Money
3. Wild One
4. For Those Who Love To Live
5. Showdown
6. Suicide
7. Rosalie
8. The Rocker
9. Sha-La-La
10. Still In Love With You

THE SUN GOES DOWN DOCUMENTARY
1. Are You Ready
2. Cowboy Song
3. Baby Please Don’t Go
4. The Sun Goes Down
5. Cold Sweat ( Belfast )

RENEGADE: THE PHILIP LYNOTT STORY DOCUMENTARY
1. Ode To A Blackman
2. Renegade
3. Whiskey In The Jar
4. The Boys Are Back In Town
5. Wild One
6. Yellow Pearl
7. King’s Call
8. Waiting For An Alibi
9. Killer On The Loose
10. Are You Ready
11. Dear Miss Lonely Heart
12. The Rocker

BONUS FEATURES:
§ ‘6/5 Live’ Show: Are You Ready / Whiskey In The Jar ( With Eric Bell )- TV Performances
§ Old Town – Philip Lynott Promo Video

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ When ever I see Phil's smiling face it reminds me that rock music for the most part is about having a good time and he knew how.:bow:

Vehicle

Aging Metalhead
Reaction score
I saw Thin Lizzy at the Monsters of Rock Festival in Germany in 1983, while stationed in the army there. It was one of those 'day on the grass' outdoor shows, with 2 stages, so while one was being used, the other was being set up.

Along with Thin Lizzy:

Twisted Sister
Meatloaf
Motorhead (I think. Long time ago)
Blue Oyster Cult
Whitesnake

I think there are a couple more I'm forgetting.

Thin Lizzy came on either 3rd or 4th, and I'm here to tell you, they absolutely blew every other act away. Phil had them in the palm of his hand from the thunderous opening note of Jailbreak, all the way until the last bow.

I've been a fan ever since. Their studio stuff is kinda bland, but man, those cats knew how to do it up live.

Give Thin Lizzy Live And Dangerous a listen, and you'll see what I mean.

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
^^^ I'll need to see that!!

Vehicle...that had to be something to see them in '83 and in Germany!!

:pullhair:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
Thin Lizzy came on either 3rd or 4th, and I'm here to tell you, they absolutely blew every other act away. Phil had them in the palm of his hand from the thunderous opening note of Jailbreak, all the way until the last bow.

I've been a fan ever since. Their studio stuff is kinda bland, but man, those cats knew how to do it up live.

I don't think Lizzy's studio albums are "bland" at all, and have all of them. But they had a legendary reputation for giving their all when they performed live, one band I never did get to see before Phil's death.

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
I saw Thin Lizzy at the Monsters of Rock Festival in Germany in 1983, while stationed in the army there. It was one of those 'day on the grass' outdoor shows, with 2 stages, so while one was being used, the other was being set up.

Along with Thin Lizzy:

Twisted Sister
Meatloaf
Motorhead (I think. Long time ago)
Blue Oyster Cult
Whitesnake

I think there are a couple more I'm forgetting.

I missed that one!:mad I was stationed over there from '83-'85 and went to Monsters '84 in Nuremburg. Awesome show!:grinthumb But I wish I had seen Thin Lizzy in concert over there.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JessKellow

Members online