Thin Lizzy (Official Thread)

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Cool it guys........

No one is taking sides. Maybe it would be best if y'all just backed out of this thread for a while and let things cool down.

E-Z

Reaction score
Personally i always believed that 'old Philo' had a deathwish and wanted to 'checkout' early like his rock hero Jimi.

Phil spoke about playing the part of Jimi in a proposed film about Jimi Hendrix in a BBC radio interview 1980 that i recall hearing.

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Very tragic story all around considering Phil's upbringing and everything he did to finally achieve his dream of being a rock star.

Speaks to the lack of discipline and ability to resist temptation that is in all of us and musicians simply have more time and money to get into trouble than most folk.

It's too bad he didn't kick his habit, makes me sad to think about it even now.

E-Z

Reaction score
Yeah it is a BIG SHAME about old Phil dying like that but not totally unexpected at the time 1986. THIN LIZZY were a classic heavy rock band especially when he was leading them not sure about now days though?.

It's a pity that GRAND SLAM didn't take off after Phil put LIZZY to bed cos i reckon he had something there with that band?. :grinthumb

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Can't answer that one EZ, I stop with the last TL record and never heard of Grand Slam until right now.

E-Z

Reaction score
^^Can't answer that one EZ, I stop with the last TL record and never heard of Grand Slam until right now.

Yeah Lord Grendel, i have a number of GRAND SLAM cds that were released overhere in the U.K. over the last 5-6 years, a cross mixture of heavy rock/dance numbers quite interesting considering it's from around the 1984/85 era and pre-dates the whole techno-dance era.

itsjim

Member of Rock legend
Reaction score
Hi

Well to some it may be obvious to others it may not be but I am a Thin Lizzy supporter (as Phil used to call his fans) I have followed the music and poems of one Philip Parris Lynott since the 70's I like to think I know quite a lot about the band and it's members but I fully appreciate and acknowledge that my level of knowledge pales into insignificance compared to certain other supporters I know and class as friends. So if you want to know some facts about Phil Lynott, Brian Robertson, Scott Gorham, Brian Downey, Darren Wharton, Thin Lizzy, Wild Horses or any of the other members of the band or their side projects ask away if I do not know the answer then I will know a man who does.

So I am looking forward to learning about the members on here and some other bands and I look forward to communicating with you guys.

itsjim

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Was talking to a friend yesterday who had just went and seen them, opening for BLS and Judas Priest and he said the current line up was awesome and that they sounded great.

itsjim

Member of Rock legend
Reaction score
Was talking to a friend yesterday who had just went and seen them, opening for BLS and Judas Priest and he said the current line up was awesome and that they sounded great.

I have long been in the camp that Thin Lizzy without Phil was nothing more than a tribute band but Ricky Warwick brings a certain feel back to the band and not one I got when Sykes was fronting the set up.

They are good not sure if the new guitarist is good but the reports seem to be they play tightly together and hey with Brian on the drums they are going to be good - so if you get a chance check them out and make your own mind up!

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online