Thin Lizzy (Official Thread)

E-Z

Reaction score
My personal favourite album of theres is probably the one that most Lizzy fan's would consider there weakest album-

CHINATOWN from 1980 :grinthumb

Also i like both of Phil's solo albums-

SOLO IN SOHO & THE PHILLIP LYNOTT ALBUM

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have never considered "Chinatown" a weak TL record...I am just a massive fan of this band.

All I can say is "Jailbreak" is my pick of the litter, it was my entry record to the band and remains my favorite, the others shift up and down a bit over time.;)

E-Z

Reaction score
I have never considered "Chinatown" a weak TL record...I am just a massive fan of this band.

All I can say is "Jailbreak" is my pick of the litter, it was my entry record to the band and remains my favorite, the others shift up and down a bit over time.;)

I think at onetime back in the 1980s in the U.K. CHINATOWN was considered a 'weak album' but time has been good to this album and perhaps it is now considered better now by Lizzy fan's then when it was first released in 1980.

Also i met Eric Bell & Brian Downey back-stage in there dressing room after a gig that they both played in London back in 1993 when they played a tribute gig to themselve's i guess it was cos it was all Lizzy material.

Finally Eric Bell and his own band use to have a regular pub gig in a pub near me in north London, England back in the 1980s. The pub was called THE ARCHWAY TAVERN and every night Eric would finish the set with THE ROCKER & WHISKEY IN THE JAR (the Thin Lizzy arrangement of this song of course). :D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^It makes me a little envious when all my English friends tell me their pub stories about bands I grew up with and having a pint with them after the gig is over...:heheh:

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score
I've never heard Chinatown described as a bad album before and personally I like it alot along with The Black Rose and Renegade. 80's Lizzy is quit good,IMO.

Also I can't see Johnny the Fox as "bland" especially after some of the other extremely boring albums I have seen described as something special by the same source. :rolleyes:

Johnny the Fox is a damn good album and one of Thin Lizzy best,IMO.

some jerk

Banned
Reaction score
I've never heard Chinatown described as a bad album before and personally I like it alot along with The Black Rose and Renegade. 80's Lizzy is quit good,IMO.

Also I can't see Johnny the Fox as "bland" especially after some of the other extremely boring albums I have seen described as something special by the same source. :rolleyes:

Johnny the Fox is a damn good album and one of Thin Lizzy best,IMO.

are u attacking me? i bet u wouldn't talk like that to my face

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^Touchy tonight SJ...? Your posting style invites exactly that kind of response, which you already know full well, that's why you choose to do it in the first place.

DKW didn't cross any lines and in fact when you go into a band thread and basically say "they suck" that is in my view the worst kind of post period. Takes no effort and tells a lot about the individual.

some jerk

Banned
Reaction score
^^Touchy tonight SJ...? Your posting style invites exactly that kind of response, which you already know full well, that's why you choose to do it in the first place.

DKW didn't cross any lines and in fact when you go into a band thread and basically say "they suck" that is in my view the worst kind of post period. Takes no effort and tells a lot about the individual.

i said johnny the fox was a little bland for my taste and this guy says my taste in music sucks. figures u would take his side. he's been here longer than me

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Being here longer has nothing to do with it. DKW didn't say your taste in music sucks. He was disagreeing. You just got out of that post what you wanted to see if you ask me.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V1nnipoof

Members online

No members online now.