Thin Lizzy (Official Thread)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I will always love that song, it has been overplayed admittedly but that has not diminished the rush of nostalgia/enthusiasm I feel when I hear it. Jailbreak is still my fave TL album, but I have them all now.:grinthumb

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Jailbreak is just a smooth listen from front to back. If there is anyone here that doesn't own a Thin Lizzy CD...this would be one to get for your collection. You will not be disappointed. :grinthumb

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
Came across this the other day and got to wondering.:wtf: There's Phil Lynott, Scott Gorham, and Gary Moore lip-synching their way through Waiting For An Alibi but that is definitely not Brian Downey on the drums. And he never left the group so who's that on the drums?

Figured some of the TL fans here could shed some light on this.:D

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I have no idea who is playing drums in that video RE...we never got a good look at his face through the whole song, almost like it was intentional.:hm:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
If that is an Australian TV show the drummer could be Mark Nauseef. Brian took a break in '78 and the rest of the band flew over to tour Australia, I think Mark was the stand in drummer ???

I think though it's Top Of The Pops UK, and so it could be Simon Crowe drummer for the Boomtown Rats ???

R. Evans

Left Of Center
Reaction score
^^

It is a Top Of The Pops appearance.

It just kind of jarred me a little seeing someone else playing drums for Thin Lizzy.

And you're right as well LG. You only see him from the back and 1/4 side views. It probably was intentional. The hair gives him away though. Brian Downey never had blonde hair.:D

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
^^^ Yeah I think it's this guy ...

Simon Crowe, he is an Irish drummer and would probably have known Phil and the guy's quite well. That's my guess.:)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^

It is a Top Of The Pops appearance.

It just kind of jarred me a little seeing someone else playing drums for Thin Lizzy.

And you're right as well LG. You only see him from the back and 1/4 side views. It probably was intentional. The hair gives him away though. Brian Downey never had blonde hair.:D

These days there are so many "fake" blondes it would be hard to tell, but yeah I have no doubt the way they shot the video was on purpose, kind of petty in a way if he was generous enough to help his friends out then at least a clear shot of him would be fair.

Nicely done Sox...:tup:...I'll stand you the next pint.:hab:

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score
:heheh:^^^ Cheers LG, according to my book Phil and Bob Geldof were quite friendly at one time and so I guess all the guys used to party, jam and such. I would imagine it was no problem for Simon to step in. The Boomtown Rats were on the same American label as Thin Lizzy as well I reckon ? :)

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
I didn't know that, I was never a big fan of the ...Rats myself. I do respect what Geldof did as a humanitarian but that's about it for him.;)

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online