Thin Lizzy (Official Thread)

ThinLizzyFan

Reaction score
Re: Thin Lizzy

I saw Mike Portnoy ex Dream Theater drummer was watching Live and Dangerous at his house, he twittered a picture of him watching it...: )

and hi everyone!

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

^^What are the odds of you coming for a visit after being away and homing right in on the Thin Lizzy thread...:D

Nice to see you alive and wel TLF.:hab:

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score

I saw recentley that Thin Lizzy is touring. How does it happen that they even exist without Phil Lynott?

That's a hard one to answer RS...for me personally Thin Lizzy was finished when Phil died. However I guess if one remaining original member of the band wants to keep the legacy going and tour with replacement musicians and the other former members don't mind then we get these "almost tribute" bands touring. One good thing is they do keep the band's music alive, but for me I am happy to live in the past and just listen to the original band with Phil for my Thin Lizzy fix.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I had a chance to see "Thin Lizzy" a while back and passed. I couldn't see myself watching a band that had no Lynott and only one of their guitar players from the Phil Lynott era. Just didn't seem like Lizzy to me.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

I saw them about 11 years ago with John Sykes and Scott Gorham, it was a good night but without Phil it can never be the same.

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

I saw them about 11 years ago with John Sykes and Scott Gorham, it was a good night but without Phil it can never be the same.

Phil was a HUGE part of Thin Lizzy. I just couldn't see them as Lizzy after they regrouped. His song writing, his vocals, his bass playing and personality are just too big a piece of the music to suddenly remove, yet carry on. I'm quite sure the replacements were/ are very talented by it's still not Lizzy, IMO.

Sox

Avoiding The Swan Song
Reaction score

^^^ That's true enough DKW I guess all we can do is remember the band as they were with Phil at the helm and kind of accept the remaining members have to do what they do best. If it keeps the Lizzy legend alive in some way then that's fine by me. :grinthumb

DaKillerWolf

Cosmic Time Warp Warrior
Reaction score

Yeah, I don't begrudge them a lively hood or even their wish to carry on
in a new direction. It just isn't something I see myself listening to anytime soon.

Who knows though, I used to feel the same way about Tony Martin and Glenn Hughes
fronted Sabbath but I have not only accepted them nowadays but truly enjoy their output.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online