There Was A Whole Lotta Love In 1969!!

Pick

• Total voters

Hurdy Gurdy Man

Reaction score
Of all the candidates listed here,I think "The Boxer" was probably the best WRITTEN one,but as an overall recording,I feel nearly impelled to go with Led Zep's explosive "Lotta Love".So much passion,vocally and instrumentally.One of the great songs that really got a band going here in the US along with "I Want To Hold Your Hand" and "Satisfaction" while it's corresponding LP "Led Zeppelin II" was far more responsible for breaking the band at least in America than their first thirty three and a third effort which barely made the top ten while "Zep II" spent seven weeks at number one amidst heavy competition with the Beatles' "Abbey Road",which seems to be the all time favorite of many here and on other classic rock sites..........

Khor1255

Reaction score
Born On The Bayou

But I really dig the Moodies tune. I think they've opened with that every time I've seen them.

Black Dahlia

A Seasoned Witch
Reaction score
"The Thrill Is Gone" gets my vote.

This song just pulls you in under it's spell. Imagine a dark, smoky basement bar, ashtray full of butts in front of you, a rocks glass of JD in your hand, and B.B. King just cryin' his heart out playing over there, on the tiny stage in the corner.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online