The Worst Musical Decade?

The Worst Musically Talented Decade. Choose one.

• The 1950's

Votes: 20 12.6%
  • The 1960's

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • The 1970's

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • The 1980's

Votes: 32 20.1%
  • The 1990's

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • The 2000's

Votes: 82 51.6%

• Total voters

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I dont consider the 80's the worst, even though rap was born in that era. Rap has never dominated the era.

It is like the 70's and disco, disco is considered by alot of people to be commercial garbage, but it never dominated the market.

I think the commercial era's are just a sign of the times. We have more media markets for these artists to conquer, more ways than ever for band's to get their music heard and noticed, world-wide. There is nothing wrong with trying to appeal to the masses, as long as the music is enjoyable by those masses.

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I voted the 90s....the era of depressing ***** and a lot of the bands I love thought they had to cut their hair and grow goatees and shit. To me, Nirvana sucked big time.

Oddly, though, even though I hear the name Nirvana thrown around alot when people speak of the 90's, Nirvana wasn't the only top band of the era. There were also:

Alice in Chains
Soundgarden
Dream Theater
Smashing Pumpkins
Porcupine Tree
The Stone Roses
Radiohead
Smashing Pumpkins
Tool
Sonic Youth
Opeth
Pearl Jam

LG

Fade To Black
Reaction score
^^That's why I couldn't pick the 90's, it would be either 2000's or 50's, but I said my piece about the worst music ever recorded already.:D

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
speaking about Nirvana, I never knew the band existed until Curt killed himself, and the news was splattered all over the media. Same way with Pantera, didn't know them until Dime Bag was killed......

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Whatever decade spawned Rap and Hip-Hop for me, the most banal form of music ever recorded.
:cheers:

Oddly, though, even though I hear the name Nirvana thrown around alot when people speak of the 90's, Nirvana wasn't the only top band of the era. There were also:

Alice in Chains
Soundgarden
Dream Theater
Smashing Pumpkins
Porcupine Tree
The Stone Roses
Radiohead
Smashing Pumpkins
Tool
Sonic Youth
Opeth
Pearl Jam
^^That's why I couldn't pick the 90's,
:lmao:
.....................................:flame:
LG's on a roll today...he's on fire!

Totally-totally agree with LG!

:hab:

:cheers2

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think you have misunderstood LG, Groovy. and you didn't quote his entire post, tst tst!

He said it would be the 2000's or 1950's as his worst choices......he likes the 90's !

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
I think you have misunderstood LG, Groovy. and you didn't quote his entire post, tst tst!

He said it would be the 2000's or 1950's as his worst choices......he likes the 90's !

oh...oh yeah....I need more coffee...
:heheh:

ok....than I'll just change it to....

Alice in Chains
Soundgarden
Dream Theater
Smashing Pumpkins
Porcupine Tree
The Stone Roses
Radiohead
Smashing Pumpkins
Tool
Sonic Youth
Opeth
Pearl Jam

Is why I think the 90's sucked!....

:lmao:

Nah, don't totally hate the 90's, if you take out Grunge, alternative nerd rock, death metal, rap, hip hop, and boy bands...

:roflmao:

OK, I'm going for coffee now....

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
well I had to at least vote although I don't find any era bad. I took the 50's based on I listen to very little rock from the 50's. I listen to tons of jazz from the 50's and enjoy 50's rock just don't listen to it much these days.

I could come up with 25 bands from each decade I like easy. I'm not naming here cause I don't need the pathetic reation I would get from some people here.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarrelDeSa

Members online