The Who???

Status
Not open for further replies.

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
I only found the later Who songs to be average, I much prefer the 60s sound from the Who. Even if I'm a fan of "You Better, You Bet" from the early 80s! But "Who Are You" is simply a bore, I lost interest with that song not soon after I brought "Who's Better, Who's Best" CD. But I can't say I'm wild about "My Generation" from the Mid-60s either!

CP/M User

Ace in the Hole
Reaction score
Oh wow I'm not sure about now, but when I first brought the "Who's Next" album, I had no idea what I'd be in for, cause I only knew the group for one song "I Can See For Miles" at that period - but of course I didn't realise they did "Substitute" as well, cause I used to hear that one a lot on the radio and I heard "Happy Jack" around the same time as "I Can See For Miles" (not sure if it was before or after). But I got this "Who's Next" Album as my first album and knew none of the songs and at first I wondered if I'd brought the right band or not cause that album sounds so different to their 60s songs! So I used to make Tapes of songs I got on CD and I only had a handful of albums and wanted to find good songs to put together and so I stuck "Bargin" as the first song from that album! :tongue: I think I quickly changed that soon so it would be "Behind Blue Eyes"! :tongue:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I love them and like "happy jack", I saw them live doing the whole of quadrophenia, that was very good, some great guests and they had Phil Daniels doing commentary. They can still cut it and Townsend still makes a big sound. They have calmed down a little, however the latest CD was good. Do get tired of my generation but it is still a good track.

Macca

Member #9, #9, #9, #9...
Reaction score
Get tired of My Generation...but NEVER get tired of the bass solo!!!

Foxhound

retired
Reaction score
CP/M User:

I only found the later Who songs to be average, I much prefer the 60s sound from the Who. Even if I'm a fan of "You Better, You Bet" from the early 80s! But "Who Are You" is simply a bore But I can't say I'm wild about "My Generation" from the Mid-60s either!

Absolutely! I agree!

Gguerra:

"The Seeker" is a great tune. It's close to being my very favourite Who track of them all!

:grinthumb

Last edited:

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
From 65 till the death of Keith the Who did nothing wrong in my book.
Favorite albums:
1. Quad
2. Tommy
3. The Who Sellout

too many great songs to list.

I saw the Who in concert in 1979. It was that tragic concert where all the people got crushed by a stampede at the doors. I dont remember the concert all that much, but the crowd rush and stuff is still fresh in my mind like it happened last week !
I saw the Who a few days after that show in Philly. The Philly show was general adm on the floor and they had cops, some on horses, all over the place. It was a killer set and show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsisOFlynn

Members online

No members online now.