The White Stripes Break Up

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
The White Stripes Break Up | Billboard.com

The White Stripes are done.

The groundbreaking rock duo announced Wednesday they are splitting up and "will make no further new recordings or perform live."

Jack White and Meg White say there are a "myriad of reasons" for the breakup, but the main reason is to "preserve what is beautiful and special about the band."

The last recording by the White Stripes was the live album "Under the Great White Northern Lights," released last year.

Over the years, Jack White has focused attention on other projects, including the bands the Dead Weather and the Raconteurs, as well as his Nashville, Tenn.-based Third Man Records.

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
This is sad news however I respect his reasons and wish him well in the future. They will probably reform in a few years and make loads of money :)

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
Ever since Meg White sex's tape....they stopped recording and performing...

Was that real or just a rumor?

Anyway....would of loved to hear some more....too bad.

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
I was hoping for some new White Stripes this year. Oh well.

Cosmic Harmony

Reaction score
Ever since Meg White sex's tape....they stopped recording and performing...

Was that real or just a rumor?

I never heard anything about that at all. Meg is shy so I don't think she seems like the kind of person to have a sex tape. I'd guess it was just a rumor.

Also, this is saddest breakup in a long time. I personally don't see how killing off a band is a way to preserve it's beauty. I would think that continuing on, putting out quality music would be the way to preserve them. Still sad regardless of the reasoning though. :(

Death on Credit

Reaction score
I can understand what they mean. A lot of bands out there have killed their mystique by refusing to quit long after their heyday. I think that it's a noble move on their part. I can't help but wonder if it really is the result of some sort of disagreement, though.

I'm actually more fond of his new band, the Dead Weather, anyways. The Stripes never did much for me, although I really wanted to like them.

Aktivator

aka Hightea
Reaction score
This is band's statement:

TheWhiteStripes.jpg

Sad that they are breaking up but not surprised. I wonder if Meg will ever perform live or record again. I hope so and I'm assuming that several years they will perform again. WS had a nice run of albums and live performances. Glad I saw them 9 times from 2001-2007 they were great live.

Here is a shot of Meg I took in April of 2002. Met two people that day that are good friends of mine today.

386172378_65ae1197e1.jpg

and a few years later
50410734_786e8d125a.jpg

Prime

Daydreaming
Reaction score
Definitely sad news. But let's just be happy neither of them have passed away. It'd be weird not having Jack White part of the music world.

Groovy Man

I'm Not Like Everybody Else
Reaction score
I never heard anything about that at all. Meg is shy so I don't think she seems like the kind of person to have a sex tape. I'd guess it was just a rumor.

Well, I'm a casual fan, and even I heard about it.

Kind of old news by now.

Google ''Meg White sex tape'', and you'll see.

As far as she doesn't seem like the type? - no one knows the freaky stuff stars or regular people do in their private and personal lives and beyond closed doors. I wouldn't put anything past celebrities. Most celebrties are odd people, who live in another world.

I'm not trying to bad mouth Meg White, but there seems to be more to the story, than it's just a rumor.

If the sex tape is real, and really her, I don't think it was meant to go public.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jik32

Members online