The SWEET (Official Thread)

Big Ears

Music Lover
Reaction score
I've got a couple of albums which gather together their heavier album tracks and b-sides:

Hard Centres: The Rock Years

and

The B-sides

Both are quite rare. For some strange reason, Sweet would release singles with pop fluff on the a-side and heavy rock on the b-side. They only really became consistent with Level Headed, which ironically was their last album with the regular lineup.

Around the time of Level Headed I visited a wine bar a few times (remember wine bars?), which was frequented by Brian Connolly. He was quiet and sat at the bar drinking lager. He had a few hangers on, including a burly person with a beard, who apparently was his manager. Poseuers tended to frequent the bar and gather round Brian, but he was not full of himself. His untimely death was very sad.

Last edited:

Sweaty

ThE OtHeR rAmOnE
Reaction score
I've got a couple of albums which gather together their heavier album tracks and b-sides:

Hard Centres: The Rock Years

and

The B-sides

Both are quite rare. For some strange reason, Sweet would release singles with pop fluff on the a-side and heavy rock on the b-side. They only really became consistent with Level Headed, which ironically was their last album with the regular lineup.

Around the time of Level Headed I visited a wine bar a few times (remember wine bars?), which was frequented by Brian Connolly. He was quiet and sat at the bar drinking larger. He had a few hangers on, including a burly person with a beard, who apparently was his manager. Poseuers tended to frequent the bar and gather round Brian, but he was not full of himself. His untimely death was very sad.

Great story, hangers on are a nightmare IMHO.

This one is a belter

Marshall Stack

LOU/REALM

Reaction score
Great album MP ! Still got my copy on vinyl in mint condition. 40 years ago ? !! ....Iam getting old

METALPRIEST

Reaction score
Yeah right Lou?? :oyea:

I still have my Desolation Boulevard, Blockbuster AND Blockbuster Alternative Takes which is really awesome :grinthumb

Magic

Woman of the World
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I’m feeling very old these days…lol. This top pop single turned 50 years old in 2023..

Blockbuster

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notmrdurden

Members online