The Strokes - Room on Fire (2003)

Reaction score
Room On Fire-The Strokes

My Rating-8.5/10

Coming off of a stellar debut The Strokes are back with a little more jump in their step. Room On Fire delivers all of what Is This It did and more, I enjoyed pretty much every track on this album.

Casablanca's vocals are even better here and the music behind him is much more clean-cut and produced. Is This It had a raw feeling to it, which is what I liked about it. When they took that out for R.O.F you'd think fans would be disappointed, but they make it work. This album still has a bit of that raw feeling that I loved from their first album, but it's just dressed up and more produced, leaving a satisfying rock sound.

Being compared to Is This It I really couldn't come to a conclusion to which one is better, in the end I think they're both great rock albums and will most definitaly stand the test of time.

I would extremly recommend this album to fans of The Strokes or good music in general. It is a great album.

Please comment below on which album you think is better, or what you think of the Strokes, I'd love to here your thoughts.

Thanks For Reading,
Music Man Reviews

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Members online