The Rolling Stones (Official Thread)

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Good question... though he did appear on many songs and albums.. Eric Easton and Loog gave him the elbow... rightly or wrongly who knows?
This barrelhouse B-side gives us a stu feel.
Who's Driving Your Plane.

Reactions: E-Z

E-Z

Reaction score
Good question... though he did appear on many songs and albums.. Eric Easton and Loog gave him the elbow... rightly or wrongly who knows?

Apparently 'Stu' didn't have the 'right looks' and was banished to playing in the studio or 'off stage' in concert.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Sadly true.. his lantern jaw wouldn't have had the girls gushing in their panties.. but hey **.
They needed him when he had access to a van when he worked at ici. His Commer van driving skills were second to none.
He will always be remembered with affecton.
"my little shower of shit"... Sounds just about right of his Stones description!
My Obsession.

E-Z

Reaction score
Sadly true.. his lantern jaw wouldn't have had the girls gushing in their panties.. but hey **.
They needed him when he had access to a van when he worked at ici. His Commer van driving skills were second to none.
He will always be remembered with affecton.
That wasn't an uncommon situation amongst some 'pop groups' of the 1960s when car ownership at least in the UK wasn't to common. Most people in the UK back in the 1960s didn't even have a 'fixed line house telephone' back then I recall.

I believe I read that Bill Wyman got the job in the Stones cos he had a electric bass guitar and his own amplifier which in the early 1960s was quite rare.

E-Z

Reaction score
He turned up at The Bricklayers Arms.. with a spare amp!
I like the journalistic observation about Bill on stage at the Hyde park gig in 1969 saying "Bill looked like he was waiting for a bus" which is funny when you watch the gig on dvd.

Bill had a liking for photographing the 'birds' and I don't mean the ones that fly.

I like Bill.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Me too - I have all his solo stuff... went to the opening of Sticky Fingers Restaurant...sadly I would have my ass sued if I divulged more... I clicked anyway.

E-Z

Reaction score
Me too - I have all his solo stuff... went to the opening of Sticky Fingers Restaurant...sadly I would have my ass sued if I divulged more... I clicked anyway.
Yeah Bill's solo albums are a ok listen like his Monkey Grip album from 1974 & Stone Alone album from 1975. From memory Bill said he didn't get much positive feedback from Mick or Keith with the Monkey Grip album.

I read Bill's book Stone Alone about 10 years ago and it's a pretty hefty read but interesting all the same.

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Members online