The Rolling Stones (Official Thread)

Mulberry

Dancing With Mr D.
Reaction score
Hey man, I got the album yonks ago on Teledec label... Japs did a CD release a while back... Jus' been blasting Baby You're A Rich Man, by The Beatles... Brian is all over that track.....welcome aboard!
Oh really? I need to hunt this down thank you. And also thanks for the welcome :cheers2

E-Z

RAINBOW (1981-1984) the Joe Lynn Turner era
Reaction score
I picked up that Jamming with Edward cd/album about 4-5 months ago which I previously had on cd about 14-15 years ago.

Features Mick, Bill, Charlie, Nicky Hopkins & Ry Cooder and dates from a late night jam session in London in late 1969.

E-Z

Reaction score
Monkey Man probably a slightly dubious title in the 2000s but leaving that aside it's not a bad song although to Mick and Keith it may have been just a 'throwaway song' to fill out the Let It Bleed album?.

Last edited:

Mulberry

Dancing With Mr D.
Reaction score
Monkey Man probably a slightly dubious title in the 2000s but leaving that aside it's not a bad song although to Mick and Keith it may have been just a 'throwaway song' to fill out the Let It Bleed album?.
I didn't think of it like that. Toots and The Maytals always comes to mind when I see Monkey Man named tracks. Few throwaway fillers on that album too I think isn't there.

E-Z

Reaction score
I didn't think of it like that. Toots and The Maytals always comes to mind when I see Monkey Man named tracks. Few throwaway fillers on that album too I think isn't there.
Regarding Monkey Man as a 'filler track' as I said it was but maybe it wasn't or isn't a filler track but it's on a album (Let It Bleed) that already has a number of strong songs on it.

Nai is a Stones fan so he would know what the track was in relation to all the other material that the band turned out.

Mulberry

Dancing With Mr D.
Reaction score
The Rolling Stones | Stray Cat Blues | Isolated Tracks | Deconstruction
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Reactions: E-Z

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mmmm

Members online