The Rolling Stones (Official Thread)

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Hey Mulberry, about 1982 I saw a full un-edited version on VHS video... I bought the bootleg album and about three 7" singles.
Wide boy Klein then saw, a market and released a CD and later a DVD.... to be honest I thought Tull were really on point.. but as time progress's... I now see Keith was in the game... doing all the infills... Bill with his Vox gold yellow bass... up loud to fatten the sound of the silent 'action' of purple adorned Brian... stage left ... BTW, that bass was spotted in a shop in Italy by Bill.

Mulberry

Dancing With Mr D!
Reaction score
Hey Mulberry, about 1982 I saw a full un-edited version on VHS video... I bought the bootleg album and about three 7" singles.
Wide boy Klein then saw, a market and released a CD and later a DVD.... to be honest I thought Tull were really on point.. but as time progress's... I now see Keith was in the game... doing all the infills... Bill with his Vox gold yellow bass... up loud to fatten the sound of the silent 'action' of purple adorned Brian... stage left ... BTW, that bass was spotted in a shop in Italy by Bill.
Oh cool I will hunt down a DVD. I have only seen the clips on youtube but what you say here sounds interesting. Is it true Tony Iommi is hiding with Jethro Tull in there? The clips look really good footage. Why did they not release it at the time of filming it?

Edit: Brian does look lost a little at times. Bit painful to see :(

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
885-large-1.jpg
The original bootleg on mushroom label.. It was filmed in December 1968,and the rumour was... The Who stole the show.. but there are other factors... the Glimmer Twins relationship with Allen Klein had soured fast.. Really it was Loog that ****** things up... he sold his share to that gangster... he... like The Beatles... got them from the frying pan into the fire.
Then, Let It Bleed, the death of Jones and hiring Mick Taylor.... because Brian couldn't get a travel visa because of his drug convictions... I think they had bigger fish to fry at the time.... and it gathered dust... Keith was very loathed to work with ABKCO, and only when Allen's Son took over, things have mellowed.... slightly.

Mulberry

Dancing With Mr D!
Reaction score
885-large-1.jpg
The original bootleg on mushroom label.. It was filmed in December 1968,and the rumour was... The Who stole the show.. but there are other factors... the Glimmer Twins relationship with Allen Klein had soured fast.. Really it was Loog that ****** things up... he sold his share to that gangster... he... like The Beatles... got them from the frying pan into the fire.
Then, Let It Bleed, the death of Jones and hiring Mick Taylor.... because Brian couldn't get a travel visa because of his drug convictions... I think they had bigger fish to fry at the time.... and it gathered dust... Keith was very loathed to work with ABKCO, and only when Allen's Son took over, things have mellowed.... slightly.
Brilliant thank you for explaining. I like the look of the bootleg too. I read in the Brian biog that smelly Klein conned Loog easily too.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
He promised Mick and Keith a million each, Keith went on a spending frenzy... as did the other boys... and huge bills arrived on Les Perrin's desk at the Chelsea office. Red E-types, castles/ halls ( where Led Zep recorded) were purchased on the strength of the contract... Lennon warned Mick at a gathering.... at Alexis Korner's House.. no less!
Klein wanted royalties from the Stones material dating back to day one... The Stones wanted the contract to begin with him... when the ink was wet. Hence you see compilations on Decca or London etc with at least 3 tracks off of Sticky Fingers... because Albert House ( Decca) bankrolled that studio time at Mussel Shoal in 1969 whilst on an American tour.
By 1971 and the first album on their own label.... they had paid a costly price and learned lessons... Kinney Group who stumped up manufacturing and distribution costs for Sticky Fingers were very amicable and the band had favourable allies in the form of Marshall Chess and Amhet Ertegun.... Not forgetting Mr. Moneybags man Prince Rupert Lowenstien... who had the ability to squeeze money from a turnip!

Mulberry

Dancing With Mr D!
Reaction score
He promised Mick and Keith a million each, Keith went on a spending frenzy... as did the other boys... and huge bills arrived on Les Perrin's desk at the Chelsea office. Red E-types, castles/ halls ( where Led Zep recorded) were purchased on the strength of the contract... Lennon warned Mick at a gathering.... at Alexis Korner's House.. no less!
Klein wanted royalties from the Stones material dating back to day one... The Stones wanted the contract to begin with him... when the ink was wet. Hence you see compilations on Decca or London etc with at least 3 tracks off of Sticky Fingers... because Albert House ( Decca) bankrolled that studio time at Mussel Shoal in 1969 whilst on an American tour.
By 1971 and the first album on their own label.... they had paid a costly price and learned lessons... Kinney Group who stumped up manufacturing and distribution costs for Sticky Fingers were very amicable and the band had favourable allies in the form of Marshall Chess and Amhet Ertegun.... Not forgetting Mr. Moneybags man Prince Rupert Lowenstien... who had the ability to squeeze money from a turnip!
God it got really messy :O Didn't he threaten someone at the Chelsea offices. As in have them thrown out a window? I can see why most of them almost lost their minds at one point. With the drug busts and all this.

How did they used to make the bootlegs before digital stuff do you know? How would they have mad the Circus one?

Find member

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edmerka

Staff online

Members online