The Rolling Stones (Official Thread)

Mulberry

Dancing With Mr D!
Reaction score
Keef!:oyea:
"One of the first things I loved about him most was his naughtiness." But Richards' behavior tested even Jo. At a baby shower in the late Seventies, Jo asked Richards not to do cocaine in front of her mother. Unsurprisingly, her request went ignored: "[After dinner] suddenly Keith declared, 'And now for dessert!' With that, he pulled out a big bag of coke and slammed it on the table." Mortified, her mother fled the room. "He's been doing it for years," Jo told her mom. "I can't stop him. It's just his way of life.""

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/...a-legendary-life-169242/oh-canada-1977-68956/

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
I see Abkco are working overtime on these videos, shame they aren't exploiting the miles of real film footage that's out there... but true to form... or 'firm' Klein junior don't wanna hand out royalties.
Child Of The Moon.

Rejected from the Satanic sessions as they just couldn't get it together. Maybe Keith was thanking The Who for their protest single, as I view the feedback at the onset as a nod towards Townsend.. the lazy opened tuning throughout still sets me alight to this day, the lyrics make me wonder if Mick was reading Moonchild by Aleister Crowley at the time.
The renewed interest in playing was totally down to Keith removing that bottom string, and this was worked on at Redlands and Jimmy Miller and Glyn Johns worked their magic at Olympic Studios in April 1968.
The chord sequence at the songs closing is just brilliant.

Nai Noswad

Reaction score
Original accompanying film here... rumour that Michael Cooper was involved in some way. .. shot in Sussex at Redlands...beady eyes film buffs might recognise an actor or two.
Child Of The Moon.
( The Michael Lindsay Hogg promo film to Jumping Jack Flash is the winner.)

Find member

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bringzip

Staff online

Members online